Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Need Help

• 28-09-2014 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

I started a threath about having my dog on a motor bike and it some who ended up been moved to pet section,
    the threath was made up to ask people about how they can set up the bike for dogs and was is it legal

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

I care more about my dog than my bike.

I wouldn't carry him on my bike. Even if i was just to have a low speed drop he could get hurt. He would be fecked in a higher speed crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fingers!

For those who didn't see the other thread, its here: www. boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057284737

One of the forums you were linked to in that other thread is a 29 page thread on another forum showing how other people around the world bring their dogs out. So, what specifically are you asking here?

You also haven't said if its a poodle or a german shepherd or the kind of bike?

If you only want to know whether its legal or not, a quick call to garda should answer that.
    If it is legal, then make sure insurance company are OK about it - again, this was said in the other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fingers!

Pugzilla wrote: »
    I care more about my dog than my bike.

I wouldn't carry him on my bike. Even if i was just to have a low speed drop he could get hurt. He would be fecked in a higher speed crash.

You could say the same about riding two up - Would you care about your other half more than your bike? :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Bulin

Fingers! wrote: »
    For those who didn't see the other thread, its here: www. boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057284737

One of the forums you were linked to in that other thread is a 29 page thread on another forum showing how other people around the world bring their dogs out. So, what specifically are you asking here?

You also haven't said if its a poodle or a german shepherd or the kind of bike?

If you only want to know whether its legal or not, a quick call to garda should answer that.
    If it is legal, then make sure insurance company are OK about it - again, this was said in the other thread.

there was an issue on the topic been moved. the garda said there is no law in itself but i may need help to protect road users as well i do believe that if i drove aroubd on my bike with a dog would it cause other road users either be saver and aware i am there or the simple thing is obstuction
    the dog i do have is a lil jack russel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I've no idea if it's legal or not but I don't see why not. Obviously some sort of box but I can't imagine they're too comfortable for a dog on a long distance on a motorway.
    Get a sidecar is the other option

dog-sidecar.jpg

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    I've no idea if it's legal or not but I don't see why not. Obviously some sort of box but I can't imagine they're too comfortable for a dog on a long distance on a motorway.
    Get a sidecar is the other option

dog-sidecar.jpg
    yees my friend that is an idea i am going to look that up. May i ask is it expesive to get a side car on a bike or do i need to buy the bike with a side car. also i am only on a learners permit. so a side car idea is good i got a a lience

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Fingers! wrote: »
    You could say the same about riding two up - Would you care about your other half more than your bike? :D:D:D

I only let my enemies ride as a pillion......

Just think a dog is a lot more likely to be injured than a person. They won't have any gear to protect them.

Pugzilla wrote: »
    I only let my enemies ride as a pillion......

yep agreed hehe

gear there is gear out there i have seen them i wonder has anyone got any gear like helmets jackets for sale for dogs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

There's a guy in naas I've seen with a little JR on the back of his Bike. Only seen him without the dog once.

Snapped him one day when he was filling up.

• Advertisement

it seems the only issue with dogs on bike is here eyes. the speed the bikes goes. i wish that guy was in this furom. my guess the box is hand made but a lil less secure, then i would hoped mine would be. but my bike i wana suit up would be bigger, Thanks for snapping that picture that really did help me out, a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

zubair wrote: »
    There's a guy in naas I've seen with a little JR on the back of his Bike. Only seen him without the dog once.

Snapped him one day when he was filling up.

That's mad, was only reading this and looking at pics from dunboyne from today

look like what i found....

DSC_3996_zps0d01518b.jpg

kodak wrote: »

DSC_3996_zps0d01518b.jpg
    lol same dog lmao. lol the life a fast bike a tent and ur dog lol..
    thanks for that picture that is at to making me day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

kodak wrote: »

Brilliant! Its the same dog alright, I recognise his chauffeur.

zubair wrote: »
    Brilliant! Its the same dog alright, I recognise his chauffeur.
    Same dog i wonder if any one could ask him if they see him did he ever have any hassle with the guards, i am shocked because i thought ur pic was a moped. but thats no moped lol guess also by the look of the pics i see all i need is a pair of googles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Bulin wrote: »
    all i need is a pair of googles
    They aren't goggles they are Doggles.
    Seriously.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    They aren't goggles they are Doggles.
    Seriously.
    thanks googled it and found nothing till i seen ur site u are right on that thanks.
    but someone said to me that i need to get a biker dog jacked do not know if thats a joke or night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

Look up the civvie on here he's been doing it for years, he'll know the legalities

Greta guys this guy that carries his dog in all over 98 fm and has added me and i had a chat thanks guys it seems it is no law yepee

Advertisement