Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord not registered with PRTB, does the lease still hold?

Options
  • 28-09-2014 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi. I am a student, and have an ORAL lease with the landlord. (Well, her mother, she's not living in the country). However, I know that she is not registered with PRTB, as I have checked the list online. I want to move out due to my inability to afford the rent, but can't because of the spoken lease. Does this lease still hold even though though house isn't registered as a tenant household?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Pauly1992 wrote: »
    Does this lease still hold even though though house isn't registered as a tenant household?
    Yes, however, it may give some wiggle room.

Explain that you are having difficulty affording the rent and ask what notice they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

if she gives any hassle just tell her you will be contacting the prtb.. im pretty sure its illegal to rent out your house if your not register with prtb and they can fined... so wouldnt that make the contract useless??

Advertisement