Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish vendors sending packages to EU

Options
  • 28-09-2014 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My customer base in the EU is growing, the downside is I am handwriting each of the "Aviation Security Declaration" stickers, which is a very time consuming task!

Has anyone come up with a workaround for this? I'm thinking perhaps rubber stamper and adding the Sig by hand.

Any and all advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Is it the customs form ?

Download a PDF of it & print it on your label

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

OU812 wrote: »
    Is it the customs form ?

Download a PDF of it & print it on your label

Hi, no not customs form.
    An Post Aviation Security Form, needs to be applied to top left of all packages being sent from Ireland to the EU.

It requires:
    Detailed description of contents.
    Sender's name.
    Sender's address.
    Signature.

All very time consuming when written by hand!!

It's these labels:

Aviationsecurity.jpg

Very, very time consuming to fill many on a daily basis.

If it's the same thing going all the time, just do a PDF & add it to your delivery address template. It doesn't have to be "physically" signed, you can just add your signature as an annotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

Why not just do up a Template in MS Word to Replicate the Label. Then (Presuming you have a Colour Printer) - Print them off using your standard A4 Sheets of Labels (Pre-fillied in) as you need them. You could even go so far as to scan your signature in and add it to the label so you don't even have to physically sign them.

Anyone that was handy with MS Word should be able to throw it together for you in an hour.

• Advertisement

It's even easier if you're using a mac, you can scan your physical signature with the isight camera & use preview to add it to the PDF.

If you want to send me all the details to add into it, I'll make it up for you & send you back the PDF.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Strings.ie

Hi all,

My customer base in the EU is growing, the downside is I am handwriting each of the "Aviation Security Declaration" stickers, which is a very time consuming task!

Thanks.

Hi Neil, same story here. More EU time wasting. I notice it only seems to be Ireland that is going along with this. Never see those stickers on UK mail coming in.
    I have some rubber stamps I use for the item desc and another for address. We then just sign it. Still takes too much time.

Seeing what others have said here, I guess if you scan a completed one, you could invest in a label printer (viking have a brother one for around 50 euro) and print off a load.

Good call! but would they accept copies? Also they probably have to be regulation size.

I use the "Documents enclosed" wallets as my address labels (basically contains the invoice with the shipping address showing)

Ever try fitting an Aviation Security Declaration sticker, a Docs enclosed wallet and a postage stamp on an A/000 jiffy lol :D

Advertisement