Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lana Del Ray and stage presence.

Options
  • 29-09-2014 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

I was watching her preform Videogames on youtube live. I was struck by what stage presence she has.

I know people get at her for lack of authenticity sometimes. But I really feel she has great presence.

I don't think it has been captured in the studio to it's best affect though.

What do others think? And what about her in general?

I thought she would have been bigger by now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Lalealynn wrote: »
    I was watching her preform Videogames on youtube live. I was struck by what stage presence she has.

I know people get at her for lack of authenticity sometimes. But I really feel she has great presence.

I don't think it has been captured in the studio to it's best affect though.

What do others think? And what about her in general?

She looked bored as hell at the Marquee. Wasn't a fan but any live music is grand by me, she just didn't wanna be there and definitely didn't have any 'presence'.

She is reasonably big though. Unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Alt/Indie?

Lalealynn wrote: »

Really? She's pretty huge as it is.

Anyway I like her in general. Some of her music is great. She isn't authentic by any means but that's not necessarily a bad thing; Lana Del Rey is essentially a character that she plays and she does it quite well, even if it is a bit one-dimensional at times. I prefer Ultraviolence to the first album 'cause it was that little bit more ambitious. Haven't seen her live yet so can't really comment on how she is as a live performer.
    Mr E wrote: »
    Alt/Indie?

Don't see why she'd be out of place here. Yes she has mainstream success but she's hardly Katy Perry or Justin Bieber. Her music has elements of trip-hop, dream pop, blues....I'd say by conventional pop music standards she's still "alternative" sounding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Lalealynn

Mr E wrote: »
    Alt/Indie?

Well sorry. *grins*

You may put Lana where you wish. :-) I didn't think it fit quite here or quite in pop either though.

We categorize sometimes more by contrast than by similar properties. But I take your point putting her in Indie simply because she is not Bieber might mean we put everything that is not Bieber into Indie by that logic.

I don't really know where to put her then?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 laklaker

She is a good singer though, her attitude quite dragging it down.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Andy.Kupp87

Yea heard she's unreal live. Your right though she hasn't gotten as big as I thought she would.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,278 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

She get any better in the last 3 years?

Advertisement