If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a product to play music from external HD?

Options
  • 29-09-2014 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

I'm very clueless about this, however you guys seem to be the experts in this field, so I'm hoping you might be able to recommend me something to suit my needs.

Basically, I'm planning on ripping all of my parents old CD's and want to digitise all of their music collection and get them some device they'll be able to play the MP3's on.

Once I have all of their media digitized, what kind of device can I get that could store - say, 50GB, of music and has built in speakers to play it?

Something fairly easy to use too, so something easy to navigate and use is a must.

Or alternatively, if I put everything onto say a 500GB hard drive, is there any sort of audio device out there that they could simply plug the hard drive in to and play music through that?

I don't really know what I'm looking for so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Moyglish wrote: »
    I'm very clueless about this, however you guys seem to be the experts in this field, so I'm hoping you might be able to recommend me something to suit my needs.

Basically, I'm planning on ripping all of my parents old CD's and want to digitise all of their music collection and get them some device they'll be able to play the MP3's on.

Once I have all of their media digitized, what kind of device can I get that could store - say, 50GB, of music and has built in speakers to play it?

Something fairly easy to use too, so something easy to navigate and use is a must.

Or alternatively, if I put everything onto say a 500GB hard drive, is there any sort of audio device out there that they could simply plug the hard drive in to and play music through that?

I don't really know what I'm looking for so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!
    Hi Moyglish.

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for the delay.

The two units to look at that would do the job for you would be:
    Brennan JB7 priced at £479.00 (Excluding speakers). A set of speakers can be added from anywhere from £49.95 upwards.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-11837-jb7-500gb.aspx

There is also the Cocktail Audio X10 1TB priced at £399.95 (Again excluding speakers).
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12004-x10-1tb.aspx 

Sometimes the problem with such a large hard drive is that the unit scan only read up to a certain size of memory. Although i can see what else I can come up with if one of the above two does not suit.

Let me know what you think.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.