Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery For Gun

Options
  • 29-09-2014 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey,

I have a 9.6V 4600mAh running both assault rifles, (G36C and M15)
    They look like this:
    guay2.com/web/part/battery/images/11048.jpg

I was wondering what a suitable LIPO battery would be as a replacement for this?

I know they tend to explode if they are overcharged but they are much lighter, have a decent life and insanely good response time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Adzski

Hello.

There are a vast amount of LiPo's that can fit your guns. Did you intend to upgrade anything else?

Without intending to upgrade anything but the battery, I personally would not opt for anything but a 7.4v, which is probably not what you are looking for. (Read they are equivalent to an 8.4V NiMh) The 'standard' for most people upgrading would be the 11.1v, but your guns would probably not last long. (Extra stress on all internals, motor etc.)

I bought three 7.4v 1200MaH Turnigy Nano-Tech LiPo's from HobbyKing, delivered for only $30..you wait a month, but the savings are worth it :-)
    They have all the battery measurements on the site also, so you can check to be sure.

Re-wired and installed a Mosfet in my GR15, certainly better trigger response and longer battery life than the 9.6v NiMH I used previously and chronographed at only 2 rps less than the NiMh.

HTH

Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SonicWind

I was just looking at 11.1v, as my g36c is shooting at 0.84.. wanted to bring out the rounds a sec to compensate for that (only used for cqc anyway). Would you recommend upgrading the gearbox, motor and throwing in a 6.03 barrel if I'm going down this route?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Adzski

Would not think a higher RPS compensates for power.

I ran a side by side test with the 9.6v NiMh and the 7.4v LiPo in mine, and got 16 & 14 RPS respectively.

I'd challenge anyone to spot the difference in the heat of a CQB :-)

Upgrades you're thinking about are good, but IMHO would not make any difference in CQB.

Looking forward to other replies/opinions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Wouldn't be worried about your fps or accuracy in cqb at all ,

Id start with the basics first clean your inner barrel ,

Strip can clean your gear box and check your Shimming and new lubrication,

And then a decent 9.6 battery,

If that doesnt help

First on my list will be high torque gears and a new high torque motor

A basic mosfet

And a 7.4 lipo

Advertisement