Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Water Works in Private Estate

Options
  • 29-09-2014 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

I was visiting an older relative over the weekend who lives in a private estate with a management company. They recently had water meters installed and the works took two weeks instead of the 2 days originally planned.

The estate has tarmac roadways and all parking bays and footpaths are what I'd describe as cobble lock. The meters are installed in the footpaths which required removal of cobble lock however they have not replaced the cobble lock, rather they've simply used cement to fill in around the cover

What's left is pretty unsightly with grey cement/concrete around a black cover in what was until now a well maintained footpath.

Would the residents have any comeback in this scenario to have the works brought up to the original standard of the footpath? I know that contractors for private utilities on roadways are required to do this in some locations. My relative is on the management committee and they'd simply been told they were being installed, no way leave etc was sought by Irish Water

Advertisement