Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom website line checker for non efibre areas

Options
  • 29-09-2014 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently looking at moving house so I have been using the line checker on eircoms website to see if the broadband speed available at various houses is good enough for my requirements.

I went to use it again today and I notice it has been changed to say "Not an efibre area - ring us."

Is there any way to continue to check the line speeds of non efibre lines because as I'm sure you're aware at least 80% of thea area of the country is not covered by efibre. Those of us not in city centres still have to use ADSL!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Drift wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm currently looking at moving house so I have been using the line checker on eircoms website to see if the broadband speed available at various houses is good enough for my requirements.

I went to use it again today and I notice it has been changed to say "Not an efibre area - ring us."

Is there any way to continue to check the line speeds of non efibre lines because as I'm sure you're aware at least 80% of thea area of the country is not covered by efibre. Those of us not in city centres still have to use ADSL!
    Hi Drift

By clicking on 'Not in an efibre area' ( https://www.eircom.net/broadband/ ) and entering the address an indication will be offered on what speeds the exchange can hold.

As speeds can vary in relation to a lines distance from the exchange this would not give an accurate estimation of what to expect which I would recommend contacting sales (via 1901 or webchat [font=Calibri","sans-serif]http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/) for the best indication of what speeds a specific address can hold.

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

Advertisement