Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2014 (Spoiler Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Two songs have been confirmed for the jukebox selection week so far. They are;

Ben - Thinking Out Loud.

Andrea - Hero (:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:)

I guess we get another week of Andrea belting out a dated ballad then. Oh and Ben gets another pop song, rather than something that actually suits his singing style.

Well done app voters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Yarf Yarf

I don't really like any of these choices. Andrea is completely falling off the radar for me. It's a bad sign when an act is so predictable, you're not even excited to see them.

Fleur's choice revealed as 'If I Ain't Got You' by Alicia Keys.

Can't stand that song!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Two songs have been confirmed for the jukebox selection week so far. They are;

Ben - Thinking Out Loud.

Andrea - Hero (:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:)

I guess we get another week of Andrea belting out a dated ballad then. Oh and Ben gets another pop song, rather than something that actually suits his singing style.

Well done app voters.

See what you said doesnt make sense to me.On the one hand your moaning Ben is singing a pop song something out of his comfort zone.But then moaning that Andrea is in his comfort zone.

I love Ben at least hes willing to take a chance on something different.I loved him singing Whitney/Dolly last week.He gave it a nice edge.
    Whereas Andrea as much as i like him is getting boring.

dubstarr wrote: »
    See what you said doesnt make sense to me.On the one hand your moaning Ben is singing a pop song something out of his comfort zone.But then moaning that Andrea is in his comfort zone.

I love Ben at least hes willing to take a chance on something different.I loved him singing Whitney/Dolly last week.He gave it a nice edge.
    Whereas Andrea as much as i like him is getting boring.

Ben suits rock better, yet he's hardly ever given that style to sing. Imo, Highway To Hell was his best performance. I truly think either of the Joe Cocker choices would have suited him much better, rather than an Ed Sheeran ballad. He's been taken out of his comfort zone plenty and again, imo, he doesn't seem comfortable with a lot of the choices. Sorry, but his rendition of IWALY was just awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Rubbish choices so far.

Yes i agree Joe Cocker would be miles better.He could really let loose on either one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Maybe people (like me!) thought it was cheating a bit by putting two songs from the same artist in his three & thought well feck u now,I'm going to vote for the other one! :-)

It was a bit silly imo & also considering the demographic which is likely voting for Ben,Joe Cocker is old-fashioned wheras Ed Sheeran is young & cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Andrea's song is sooo boring! I would have preferred Respect with a whole production behind him :) Fleur's is sh*te too, definitely prefer Family Portrait. LOVE that Ed Sheeran song but don't know if Ben will do it justice!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

At this point I'm only rooting for Andrea because I have him in the prediction league, but I just don't look forward to his performances anymore - seen it all before. With Stevi gone, I reckon Ben is the underdog, so I'd rather see him win at this point.

• Advertisement

'Don't You Worry Child' has been chosen for Lauren.

Not a bad choice for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

'Don't You Worry Child' has been chosen for Lauren.

Not a bad choice for her.

Only decent choice so far.

Stereo Kicks will be singing 'Run'.

Probably the best choice for them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

ShazGV wrote: »
    Only decent choice so far.

Except it'll most likely be the slowed down version we've heard numerous times on the show already. Another snoozefest this weekend so!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would have loved to see Ben tackle Heartless

I really liked Kris Allen from American Idol's version a few years back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Are they singing any other songs on Saturday or just those ones?

I'm so sick of Andrea at this stage and that song choice does not help one bit. Would love if he goes this week, but doubt it will happen.

Is there a theme for their 2nd songs I wonder?

MelanieC wrote: »
    Is there a theme for their 2nd songs I wonder?

It's being rumoured on Digital Spy that the contestants' second song this weekend is being chosen by "a famous popstar"!! Weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

MelanieC wrote:
    It's being rumoured on Digital Spy that the contestants' second song this weekend is being chosen by "a famous popstar"!! Weird!

Robbie Williams is my guess.

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Robbie Williams is my guess.

Is he the guess performer this week, I thought it was Ella

• Advertisement

MelanieC wrote: »

Id say that would be Gary Barlow,he was on last week so makes more sense than Robbie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

I've heard it LA Reid.

Second songs have just been released:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a613157/x-factor-1d-tulisa-and-more-choose-this-weeks-songs-full-list.html#~oWVfONHtdAwkKa

Andrea - Chandalier by Sia (chosen by Sam Smith)

Ben - Come Together by The Beatles (chosen by One Direction)

Fleur - A Fool In Love by Tina Turner (chosen by Emile Sande)

Lauren - Clarity by Zedd (chosen by Little Mix)

Stereo Kicks - Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars (chosen by Tulisa)

Being honest, I haven't heard Andrea or Fleur's songs before, but that's good; at least they aren't recycled X Factor standards.

The Beatles song is a great fit for Ben, but Lauren and SK choices are a tad on the dull side for me. Still, I do think each song seems like a good fit for each artist.

Not a bad list overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I wonder are they hints at who could be duetting with the finalists.

Really can't imagine Andrea singing that Sia song :confused: I'm glad he's doing something modern but I really don't think it'll suit him. Sam Smith should have picked one of his own songs but I guess that would have looked cocky :D

Good choice for Ben, but it's been so overdone on XF.

Don't know that Tina Turner song for Fleur!

Looked Lauren's one up, I vaguely recognise it. Glad she's doing something upbeat.

SK's song choice is really boring and uninspired.

Don't know that Tina Turner song for Fleur!

You know, I didn't think I knew it either, but I just looked it up on youtube and I do know it! It's from her Ike & Tina days and was featured in the biopic that was made about her a few years back (great film!)

It's a stonker of a song - this could be Fleur's 'moment' if she pulls it off.

Cant beat Ollys come together fro a few years back,including ripping his shirt open [swoon].But its a good song choice for him.Im glad there is a few surprises in there

dubstarr wrote: »
    Cant beat Ollys come together fro a few years back,including ripping his shirt open [swoon].But its a good song choice for him.Im glad there is a few surprises in there

Speaking of Olly, he sang Fleur's song, Fool In Love, his year too. Only remembered that now - for some reason, the song title didn't register with me at all initially.

I agree, I like Ben's choice too. It makes his first choice better by comparison actually.

Oh i love Olly he has to be teh best X factor contestant so far.Im glad he didnt win.

I wonder are they hints at who could be duetting with the finalists.

Simon wants Sam Smith, Emeli Sandé and Ed Sheeran for the final apparently

Lauren is supposedly sick and may not perform at the weekend so does that mean she automatically makes the final (Simon wouldn't want to upset Cheryl perhaps) or is still up for elimination?

BTW is this weekend the semi final and next weekend the final?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Not bad choices apart from what "One Direction" (Simon) chose. Far too predictable and easy for him. At least the others have been given a bit of a challenge.

Advertisement