Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2014 (Spoiler Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    BTW is this weekend the semi final and next weekend the final?

No, next week is the semi final, and the final is in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Modern songs! Yes!

Some very boring choices there though... especially SK's song.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I have briefly watched this show on and off. Is it me or is it getting worse? Same old karaoke style, with last year's rejects coming back to perform?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

walshb wrote: »
    I have briefly watched this show on and off. Is it me or is it getting worse? Same old karaoke style, with last year's rejects coming back to perform?

I hadn't watched it since Matt Cardle won years ago but have enjoyed it this year.

It's been ok but funnily enough I'm not enjoying it as much without Stevi who brought a bit of humor to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

According to Good Morning Britain, theme one of the semi finals is 'unplugged performances'.

No hiding behind backing tracks there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

According to Good Morning Britain, theme one of the semi finals is 'unplugged performances'.

Simon wants to put all in Ben's favour but also favours Andrea

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Simon wants to put all in Ben's favour but also favours Andrea

Well that makes sense since Ben can play guitar it will be like an unplugged session.Very good thinking on Simons part if it is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Fleur will struggle without a heavy backing track to hide behind.
    I reckon Ben probably has it in the bag now anyway.

Theme 2 of the semi finals will be 'Idols'. Each act will perform a song by their favourite artist.

I really hope Andrea doesn't do Whitney...

Andrea does love The Spice Girls so maybe "Wannabe" is in there somewhere.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I regret not backing Ben in the predictions league, but I definitely want him to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Theme 2 of the semi finals will be 'Idols'. Each act will perform a song by their favourite artist.

I really hope Andrea doesn't do Whitney...

I would love to see Ben do something by Bruce Springsteen

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

I would love to see Ben something by Bruce Springsteen

Dancing in the dark would be excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I'd love to see Ben do something by Foo Fighters. Maybe 'Everlong' or 'My Hero'. They are both songs that sound great if you want to rock out and go loud or can be slowed down and done acoustically.

Brendão wrote: »
    I'd love to see Ben do something by Foo Fighters. Maybe 'Everlong' or 'My Hero'. They are both songs that sound great if you want to rock out and go loud or can be slowed down and done acoustically.

Can't remember where I read this, but a few years ago I'm fairly certain it came out that X Factor need the rights to perform the songs that they do and quite a few acts such as Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers wouldn't agree to it, which explains why they sing the same songs year after year on X-Factor.
    I could be wrong, but I just remember reading that.

You're right though, a Foos track would suit Ben perfectly and I'd love to see it happen.

Apparantly one of the themes has now been changed to 'Countdown to Xmas'. Not sure which theme has been binned, though.

Surprisingly, they haven't had a Christmas themed week since series 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'd love Fleur to do 12 Days of Christmas by Destiny's Child.

Ben could do Slade if its an xmas song.He would do it justice.But id love him to sing Bon Jovi Always i think that would really suit him.

Can't remember where I read this, but a few years ago I'm fairly certain it came out that X Factor need the rights to perform the songs that they do and quite a few acts such as Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers wouldn't agree to it, which explains why they sing the same songs year after year on X-Factor.

You're right though, a Foos track would suit Ben perfectly and I'd love to see it happen.

I heard that same thing as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I know they only play a shortened version of songs so that the rights to use are cheaper but I can't imagine any act turning down one of their songs being picked up on a tv show - but of course it would only be the songwriters that benefit most though there is a slim possibility the contestant could go viral reigniting the song for the group, band or singer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Pretzill wrote: »
    I know they only play a shortened version of songs so that the rights to use are cheaper but I can't imagine any act turning down one of their songs being picked up on a tv show - but of course it would only be the songwriters that benefit most though there is a slim possibility the contestant could go viral reigniting the song for the group, band or singer.

Because the show is tripe and a lot of established artists would be embarrassed to hear their music on it. You often hear the coaches on The Voice (the US version) mention that they had to contact the artist personally and literally beg them to allow one of their contestants to perform a song of theirs. I can't imagine Cheryl going to that effort because she knows she'd hear the sound of laughter on the other end of the phone quickly followed by a dial tone. Plus she generally is just not ars*d, like the rest of the judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Pretzill wrote: »

Funny you should say that but check this out:

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/dave-grohl-blasts-glee-creator-ryan-murphy-20110318

The man's a legend, I know it's a different show but the principle is the same.

I'm sure Janet Devlin sang a Red Hot Chili Peppers song a few years ago tho,Under The Bridge I think.......?

Apparantly one of the themes has now been changed to 'Countdown to Xmas'. Not sure which theme has been binned, though.

Surprisingly, they haven't had a Christmas themed week since series 5.

Probably the "Unplugged" one so that Fleur wouldn't have to sing without a heavy backing track,exposing her & possibly putting her in trouble. Simon won't risk that at this late stage.

ziedth wrote: »
    Funny you should say that but check this out:

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/dave-grohl-blasts-glee-creator-ryan-murphy-20110318

The man's a legend, I know it's a different show but the principle is the same.

Love Grohl. Can't wait for Slane!!!

Ok, so Twitter are releasing the contestant's Christmas song choices one by one.

So far, it's been revealed that Fleur will be singing 'All I Want For Christmas' by Mariah Carey.

Andrea will be singing 'O Holy Night' by....er, Mariah Carey too, apparantly.

Lauren will be singing 'Stay Another Day' by East 17.

Finally, Ben will be singing 'Please Come Home For Christmas' by Bon Jovi. One of my favourite Christmas songs - yay!

Wow, louis doesn't hold back.
    X Factor judge Louis Walsh has declared that Laure Platt will “absolutely” leave the show this weekend.

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/205197-x-factor-2014-louis-walsh-says-lauren-platt-will-absolutely-leave-next.html#ixzz3L2LN1h2J
    Follow us: @tellymix on Twitter | tellymix on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Ok, so Twitter are releasing the contestant's Christmas song choices one by one.

So far, it's been revealed that Fleur will be singing 'All I Want For Christmas' by Mariah Carey.

Andrea will be singing 'O Holy Night' by....er, Mariah Carey too, apparantly.

Lauren will be singing 'Stay Another Day' by East 17.

Booooooring.

Edit: Just saw Ben's one, was about to say I hope he sings that! Perfect choice for him.

Edit: Just saw Ben's one, was about to say I hope he sings that! Perfect choice for him.

Yep, I would have chosen either that one or the U2 song, Christmas (Baby pease come home).

Ben got the best song for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that Ben isn't singing Merry Xmas Everyone by Slade :pac:

Advertisement