Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2014 (Spoiler Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I'm not actually going to get to see the show on Saturday cause of a family thing, so he better not be performing then!! Imagine a performance with Wagner, Rylan, Stevi and Jedward, I would actually die if that happened <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Imagine a performance with Wagner, Rylan, Stevi and Jedward, I would actually die if that happened <3

You don't have to imagine it, just look it up on YouTube when they did it last year (minus Stevie obviously). The ideas are as stale as ever in The X Factor production camp.

So according to the 98FM website, Take That will be performing with all 3 acts on Saturday night - I'm assuming as a group performance. Apparently they'll be singing Rule The World.

And for their favourite performance of the season, they'll be redoing:

Fleur - Uptown Funk
    Ben - Man In The Mirror
    Andrea - Earth Song

Link here: http://www.98fm.com/mobile/index.php?id=9404

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

So according to the 98FM website, Take That will be performing with all 3 acts on Saturday night - I'm assuming as a group performance. Apparently they'll be singing Rule The World.

And for their favourite performance of the season, they'll be redoing:

Fleur - Uptown Funk
    Ben - Man In The Mirror
    Andrea - Earth Song

Link here: http://www.98fm.com/mobile/index.php?id=9404

It seems far too soon for Fleur doing uptown funk. They're really going to have to upscale it and mess it around a bit.

Acts performing this week have been confirmed with the songs they're singing.

Take That - Rule the world (with three contestants)
    Ed Sheeran - Photograph
    Meghan Trainor - All about the bass
    Sam Smith - Stay With Me w/ 200 choir members
    One Direction - Where do broken hearts go
    Olly Murs and Demi Lovato - Up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Dermot: Now the 3 finalists are going to talk about what winning the X Factor would mean to them.

Andrea: *Talks about family and fulfilling dreams*
    Ben: *Talks about giving his mum the life she deserves*
    Fluer: "THIS HIT THAT ICE COLD, MICHELLE PFEIFFER, THAT WHITE GOLD...."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,761 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Fluer: "THIS HIT THAT ICE COLD, MICHELLE PFEIFFER, THAT WHITE GOLD...."

Xfactor finally gives something to me, that Bruno Mars song. Epic!

So more songs announced for the final.

Ben: Demons by Imagine Dragons.
    Andrea: Feeling Good by Nina Simone
    Fleur: Can't Hold Us by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis

Winners Single:
    Andrea: I Didn't Know My Own Strength (Whitney Houston)
    Ben: Something I Need (One Republic)
    Fleur: same as Ben

http://www.itv.com/xfactor/news/xfactor-finalists-songs-2014

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Thats a great song for Ben but teh winners song id have to hear to see if it will suit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

People can take their tinfoil hats off now, since the winner's song is WAY more geared towards Ben ;)

Fleur's got two stompers before that anyway, really looking forward to seeing her perform Can't Hold Us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

If Andrea wins i will chew off my own arm,if i have to listen to Whitney Heuston

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Ben should sound good doing that Imagine Dragons song, but not particularly looking forward to any performances tomorrow. Tbh I actually forgot the final's tomorrow until I saw the song spoilers, that's not good. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Do we find out the winner tomorrow or have to wait til Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Monife wrote: »

As far as I know, third placed contestant leaves tomorrow night and then the winner is announced on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Monife wrote: »

Sunday.

They will each have their favourite song, then the duet on Saturday, then lots of padding with vox pops and family messages. And then the 2nd runner up will get the boot.

Sunday will the last 2 - performance with all the other contestants (except one or 2 this year, possibly), winners songs, lots more vox pops and tears, celeb performances and then the winner (Simon) is announced.

All the above will be done in 20 minutes, the rest of the show will be Simon staring smugly at the screen while smelling his money, chuckling occasionally.

Love ben's song choice! Kind of disappointed that two finalists are doing the same winning song though. Seems like a bit of a cop out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

All the above will be done in 20 minutes, the rest of the show will be Simon staring smugly at the screen while smelling his money, chuckling occasionally.

Haha, love this :D. So true!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Love ben's song choice! Kind of disappointed that two finalists are doing the same winning song though. Seems like a bit of a cop out.

Yeah that's really annoying me. So boring hearing the same song twice in quick succession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Sunday will the last 2 - performance with all the other contestants (except one or 2 this year, possibly), winners songs, lots more vox pops and tears, celeb performances and then the winner (Simon) is announced.

Is there anyone who doesn't feel that Simon wins every year no matter what? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Does anyone else think it's a bit Cat on Fleur that Andrea gets a song that obviously suits him while her and Ben have to share a song that TBF probably will suit Ben better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Is there anyone who doesn't feel that Simon wins every year no matter what? :D:D

Dunno, he has Sinitta following him around 365 days of the year, that's not winning in my book

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

ziedth wrote: »
    Does anyone else think it's a bit Cat on Fleur that Andrea gets a song that obviously suits him while her and Ben have to share a song that TBF probably will suit Ben better?

I don't get it at all. Did they have problems sourcing a song for Fleur or something? It's hard to see how fleur can even put her own spin on the song to make it "her own". Strange!

ziedth wrote: »
    I don't get it at all. Did they have problems sourcing a song for Fleur or something? It's hard to see how fleur can even put her own spin on the song to make it "her own". Strange!

Well, I guess it's what Simon wants...

Mel B too ill to be there tonight. TULISA is her replacement on the judging panel.

Voting has been leaked and guess what... Fleur didn't top last week's votes!
    This year’s leak comes just hours before and final and is rather surprising as it show’s that Fleur East is actually struggling in the voting.

Despite being the odds-on favourite to win all this week, last week she managed 22% of the vote even after her ‘best performance of the series’.

Fleur’s cover of Uptown Funk may have shot to the top of iTunes but it’s Ben Haenow who is topping the important public poll.

He’s yet to be in the bottom two and in last week’s semi-final had 50% of all the votes at the top, more than double those of nearest rival Fleur.

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/206148-x-factor-2014-voting-leak-who-is-topping-the-votes-spoilers.html#ixzz3LnfObJo6
    Follow us: @tellymix on Twitter | tellymix on Facebook

Voting has been leaked and guess what... Fleur didn't top last week's votes!
    This year’s leak comes just hours before and final and is rather surprising as it show’s that Fleur East is actually struggling in the voting.

Despite being the odds-on favourite to win all this week, last week she managed 22% of the vote even after her ‘best performance of the series’.

Fleur’s cover of Uptown Funk may have shot to the top of iTunes but it’s Ben Haenow who is topping the important public poll.

He’s yet to be in the bottom two and in last week’s semi-final had 50% of all the votes at the top, more than double those of nearest rival Fleur.

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the...#ixzz3LnfObJo6
    Follow us: @tellymix on Twitter | tellymix on Facebook

Again, TellyMix is not a site I would readily trust - and Josh Darvill is certainly not a person I would trust in any way. :o:o:o

Again, TellyMix is not a site I would readily trust - and Josh Darvill is certainly not a person I would trust in any way. :o:o:o

It's enough for me to change my prediction.

It's enough for me to change my prediction.

Now why do the words "agree to disagree" spring to mind here...? :o:o:);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I think it's the catchyness of the song rather than the performance that got Fleur praise. Vocally she's weak, her performance last week anyway was nowhere near the power of Bruno Mars.

Jesus I'd even argue that Alexandra Burke has the far superior voice, but because Fleur can dance a bit she's treated as the next coming.

• Advertisement

I think it's the catchyness of the song rather than the performance that got Fleur praise. Vocally she's weak, her performance last week anyway was nowhere near the power of Bruno Mars.

Jesus I'd even argue that Alexandra Burke has the far superior voice
    , but because Fleur can dance a bit she's treated as the next coming.

Agreed.

But X Factor tried being a half decent singing competition back in those days. The public at large didn't like it. So they dumbed things down further and the flock came :P

Advertisement