Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2014 (Spoiler Discussion)

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Those leaks came from the Daily Star which has been accurate a good few times with the votes. That's why I changed my prediction :D

It'll be much better for Fleur to come second anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I think it's the catchyness of the song rather than the performance that got Fleur praise. Vocally she's weak, her performance last week anyway was nowhere near the power of Bruno Mars.

Jesus I'd even argue that Alexandra Burke has the far superior voice, but because Fleur can dance a bit she's treated as the next coming.

Thank You Soft Falling Rain!! :-)

I have been saying exactly this for weeks now - that despite Simon's persistent fawning over her,Fleur is actually quite poor vocally & it is merely her performance skills that are being hyped up as something special.....but I was pretty much attacked by some Fleur fans for having this view! I was told I was "simply wrong,""my opinion couldn't be taken seriously,""to unclog my ears & listen"& even accused of having a vendetta against Fleur!!!! *rolls eyes* I'm proud to say,although I did continue to state my argument,I never slated anyone else's opinion coz there is no right or wrong here! I do still stand by my opinion of Fleur as entirely mediocre tho! Good to know I'm not alone in my view!

But even if I were,everyone is entitled to have & to express their own opinion,whatever it may be. And while lively debate & discussion is to be expected (especially if your opinion is an unpopular one!) ,rudeness & disrespect should not figure. No-one should be so arrogant as to assume their opinion is "correct" & any alternative "incorrect". Especially when it comes to music,which of course is so subjective. Also we are all adults,so it is not really acceptable to be rude to someone because they don't like the same singer as you!!! ;-)

This is my first year on this forum & in general,the discussion & league have been good craic & defo makes the show more interesting. But maybe next year,just a little more courtesy,tolerance & respect for differing opinions & it would be even better for everyone.

Anyway,rant over! Just wanted to get that off my chest coz I have a thing about manners. Sorry for rambling on a bit! Getting back to tonight,poor Andrea. I think it's fair to say he doesn't have a chance now,no matter how well he sings tonight? Kind of pointless for him. :-(

Oh build a bridge...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

If Andrea can somehow get past tonight, given his winner's song, I'd quietly fancy him to win. For me his bootcamp version of that song is still the highlight of the series.

If Andrea can somehow get past tonight, given his winner's song, I'd quietly fancy him to win. For me his bootcamp version of that song is still the highlight of the series.

But the winner's song will be sang in the last 30 (max?) mins of voting. Won't be enough time to get a win just from that performance.

I'll be shocked if Andrea doesn't go tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

But the winner's song will be sang in the last 30 (max?) mins of voting. Won't be enough time to get a win just from that performance.

I'll be shocked if Andrea doesn't go tonight.
    True enough but I'd hope that the public knowing already what Andrea's winning song is might help. :o I'm a fan of One Republic but that song is ropey, if you pay attention to the lyrics it's quite sinister.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Oh build a bridge...

I rest my case...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

MOD:
    Coming near to the end of xfactor for 2014, let's finish on a high. As is every year there are lots of differing opinions, please be courteous of this.

Let this be the last mod's comment on the subject. No further discussion about differing opinions (and what is right and wrong) please, just discussion of the topic of hand (x factor!).

Enjoy the (final) Final folks!

Advertisement