Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2014 (Spoiler Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Andrea will sound amazing, but please please PLEASE give the man a challenge!

Can't decide if I like that song choice for Lauren - love the song but it doesn't seem 'cool' enough for her?

Can't wait to hear OTY, excellent song choice for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Awful awful awful.

Andrea, Ben, Jake, Lola, Stereo Kicks - all as boring as hell. Could Andrea's choice be any more predictable? In fairness he's probably going to blow everyone away with it but still....Mel really needs to think outside the box. Paul's song is the only decent one out of her group, I hope it puts him back on the radar.

I had a feeling Fleur would sing Lady Marmalade, good choice. Her, OTY and Stevi are the only performances that seem like they're going to be any sort of fun. Admittedly I don't know Lauren's song though.

Lola's really going to start disappearing into obscurity the way things are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Another boring song choice for Andrea. Actually none of the song choices are great for the boys. I don't think Mel is getting the best out of her category.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Lauren's song will get massive votes - especially from younger viewers. It's one of the most popular songs of the last year. Jake's Dirty Dancing anthem will be popular with his demographic too, I reckon.

Not sure about Jack, Jay and Lola's songs; Eye of the Tiger is just naff (especially given the fact it'll probably be another slowed down guitar version), Jay's song is an Adele belter, but it didn't do any favours for Hannah when she sang it a few years back.
    Lola is singing Leon Jackson's one and only cover version hit. Not a good choice for her, although she'll sing it well, I'm not sure it'll make her stand out of the pack. Cheryl is not bringing out her full potential at all. Looks like she's busy making Lauren all current and hot, while Lola's left languishing with old fashioned standards.

Agree about Andrea,though. He's coasting along with the big ballads every week now and it's all getting just a bit too samey at this stage. You can almost predict what he'll sing each week now.

Fleur, Only the Young and Stevi's choices will suit them the best this week as well as Paul, but the Motown vibe he's running with every week may start getting old fast...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Seriously predicable song choices there. bit disappointed but not at all surprised!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

The song choices continue to be so laughably uninspired. It's truly baffling that such a presumably large production team can not manage to think of something better. They could pull a 12 year old in off the street and they'd come up with a better list of songs in two minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Admittedly I don't know Lauren's song though.

You've never heard Let It Go from Frozen? It's been played to death this year.

bopper wrote: »
    You've never heard Let It Go from Frozen? It's been played to death this year.

I've never seen the movie and don't really listen to the radio. I might recognise it if I hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I've never seen the movie and don't really listen to the radio. I might recognise it if I hear it.

If you watch BGT,one of the finalists sang it on this year's show,can't remember her name tho.

I don't know Only The Young's song! My daughter tells me it's in The Fault In Our Stars (while rolling her eyes & despairing at my uncoolness) but I've never heard it in my life!

I actually predicted like half of these songs,which is a disgrace seeing as I am not in the music business or particularly knowledgable (see above!). Surely the "mentors" could've done better & gone further than this? Stevi's song is the only good one imo. I can't listen to "Andrea Does Divas" anymore,we all know he can do it & do it well but it's now time to see what else he can do surely? Fleur too is getting typecast. Boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Seriously predicable song choices there. bit disappointed but not at all surprised!

Shame choices every f*cking year no one thinks outside the box to try and new song except maybe Only The Young this year

There is many many other songs from movies

Also no one should try to do anything by Patrick Swayze either dance moves or his song, bad choice Jake, the man was a legend

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Also no one should try to do anything by Patrick Swayze either dance moves or his song, bad choice Jake, the man was a legend

I don't know - female voters love a bit of Dirty Dancing. Louis Smith and Flavia danced the final dance from DD during Strictly and he walked away as winner. Voters lapped it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Awful awful awful.
    bopper wrote: »
    The song choices continue to be so laughably uninspired. It's truly baffling that such a presumably large production team can not manage to think of something better. They could pull a 12 year old in off the street and they'd come up with a better list of songs in two minutes.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Shame choices every f*cking year no one thinks outside the box to try and new song except maybe Only The Young this year

There is many many other songs from movies

Guess what's coming next? :o:o:o:o:o:D:D:D

"They love the Beatles, they love Adele, they love Dirty Dancing and Rocky. So what do we do? We give 'em what they want! We're number one, that's all that counts!"

running-man-richard-dawson.jpg

I'll say it once again - if no-one likes these Running Man references, I'll stop posting them. :o:o:)

I don't think anyone dislikes them...I just think no one gets what the hell you're on about.... :pac:

Ok I looked up this Let it Go song, definitely never heard it before. Not very X-Factory. I like musicals but I don't think songs from musicals suit contestants who are trying to prove that they can be "current recording artists".

Only The Young have the best song of the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Yarf Yarf

Let It Go was hugely popular with the Frozen film. It won an Oscar at the beginning of the year and is widely regarded as one of the best songs Disney has come up with. That said, it's a novelty song and not something you'd typically hear in the charts.

I think Fleur's song will suit her. Mel is playing it so safe with Andrea. For a guy who could probably sing anything, you'd think they'd change it up a bit with him and challenge him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Only the young with the only inspiring song choice. To me it sounds like a Louis pick. I can't imagine they picked it, with them being all into the retro stuff.

First heard Boom Clap on ASOS when I was getting summer clothes :P:D

EDIT: Had OTY in my prediction but after that song choice I think they're going to be safe. It will stand out a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I think Jakes song choice is a good one.Lets see if he does it any justice.All ther est are boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I expect Lauren to absolutely nail this .
    you'll all want to sing along ... so here's the lyrics:)

"Let It Go"

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
    Not a footprint to be seen
    A kingdom of isolation,
    And it looks like I'm the queen.

The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
    Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I tried!

Don't let them in, don't let them see
    Be the good girl you always have to be
    Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know
    Well, now they know!

Let it go, let it go
    Can't hold it back anymore
    Let it go, let it go
    Turn away and slam the door!

I don't care
    What they're going to say
    Let the storm rage on,
    The cold never bothered me anyway!

It's funny how some distance
    Makes everything seem small
    And the fears that once controlled me
    Can't get to me at all!

It's time to see what I can do
    To test the limits and break through
    No right, no wrong, no rules for me I'm free!

Let it go, let it go
    I am one with the wind and sky
    Let it go, let it go
    You'll never see me cry!

Here I stand
    And here I'll stay
    Let the storm rage on!

My power flurries through the air into the ground
    My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
    And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
    I'm never going back,
    The past is in the past!

Let it go, let it go
    And I'll rise like the break of dawn
    Let it go, let it go
    That perfect girl is gone!

Here I stand
    In the light of day
    Let the storm rage on,
    The cold never bothered me anyway!

I don't think anyone dislikes them...I just think no one gets what the hell you're on about.... :pac:

I can't be the only one here who's seen the Running Man... can I? :eek: :eek: :o:o:D

Seriously, if you haven't seen this film, then you should. There really are many parallels between it and the X Factor - despite it being made in 1987. :eek: :D

I can't be the only one here who's seen the Running Man... can I? :eek: :eek: :o:o:D

Seriously, if you haven't seen this film, then you should. There really are many parallels between it and the X Factor - despite it being made in 1987. :eek: :D

I never even heard of it till you started those posts! Took a good few posts before I even realised it was a film,I thought you were just a bit odd!

• Advertisement

MelanieC wrote: »
    I never even heard of it till you started those posts! Took a good few posts before I even realised it was a film,I thought you were just a bit odd!

Hahaha :D poor GHG!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Only The Young with the only inspired choice there really, though I thought there was a make backing voice being used that wasn't the lads, sounded weird.

Boring songs from the others all a bit naff really.

I thought Ben was very good,the song suited him.But he maybe would have been better to Chris Cornell Bond tune.It would have been much rockier.
    If Stevi is gonna be here next week hes going to sing Ghostbusters or the Monster Mash.

dubstarr wrote: »
    I thought Ben was very good,the song suited him.But he maybe would have been better to Chris Cornell Bond tune.It would have been much rockier.
    If Stevi is gonna be here next week hes going to sing Ghostbusters or the Monster Mash.

I said the exact same about Stevi to my OH last night. Or The Time Warp.
    And what's the betting Jack would do a slowed down version of Thriller?! zzzzzz

I think Fleur will do thriller,shes the only one who can dance.Brian Friedman said last nihgt they were doing the full dance to Thriller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Cheryl is pre recording her performance for next weeks show :P

gavmcg92 wrote: »

She won't be singing live??

Well, that has shocked me to the core.

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    She won't be singing live??

Well, that has shocked me to the core.

And the other headlines tonight:

Grass is still green.
    Water is still wet.
    The sky is still blue.
    Fire is still hot.
    The world is still round.
    The sun still sets in the west.
    Dogs still bark.
    One plus one is still two.
    The Pope is still Catholic.
    London is still the capital of the UK.
    Bears still use the woods for a toilet.

:o:o:o:D;)

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Why can so few contestants sing in tune this season, if this car crash continues they will have to turn back on the auto-tune & turn up the backing tracks. Never remember it been ng as bad as this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

^^
    It's really bad.
    Lola wasn't great.
    Only the Young were shocking in their sing off. How they got through rather Jake.
    The judges are raving about the contestants singing, when they're shít! :confused:

Advertisement