Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2014 (Spoiler Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Yeah you need a certain amount of diplomacy to make it far on this show and some of the acts seem to lack that.

I agree. Stevi was great last week - it was my favourite performance of the week actually.

Yeah it's like everything. Bloody politics! :(
    Yarf Yarf wrote: »
    I know you need to smile and nod as if you agree most of the time to get by on the show, but I liked that Paul kind of stood up for himself last week. I know it probably didn't sit well with Simon and I get the impression that Paul and Mel don't really get on, but it's good to see someone not allowing others to just walk on them. I know it probably won't get him anywhere, but to me, I thought it was a good thing.

I agree and as I said it's a pity as he has genuine talent. I just said to myself the minute he done it that it'll cost him big time. Even if he falls in the bottom three in the next few weeks Simon has a vote to vote him off. Very silly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kunkka wrote: »
    I think Paul will be in trouble this week especially after his attitude towards Simon last week. It's a real pity as he has the ability. You just don't do that on the X-Factor, it was no surprise when the Irish guy from Stereo Kicks talked back to Cheryl the first time they where in the bottom 3 weeks ago. He said something along the lines of "we aren't one direction" smugly towards Cheryl, very silly! People that watch and vote for the show love SImon & Cheryl in most cases, stay on their side if you want votes to win!

You need to very smart to win it that's why I think Fleur or Ben will do it. Andrea is by far the best singer of the lot but I just don't think he'll win it, I think he'll get to the last weekend and come 3rd. I hope Stevie lasts a few weeks he's great to watch and a good laugh. First parody act I've actually enjoyed and not hated. Although I thought he was actually good last week :eek:

Cheryl isn't the nation's sweetheart anymore :p I don't think she gets a lot of love from viewers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Yarf Yarf wrote: »
    I know it probably didn't sit well with Simon and I get the impression that Paul and Mel don't really get on, but it's good to see someone not allowing others to just walk on them.

Mel doesn't seem to be getting on with any of her contestants.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Kunkka wrote: »
    I think Paul will be in trouble this week especially after his attitude towards Simon last week. It's a real pity as he has the ability. You just don't do that on the X-Factor, it was no surprise when the Irish guy from Stereo Kicks talked back to Cheryl the first time they where in the bottom 3 weeks ago. He said something along the lines of "we aren't one direction" smugly towards Cheryl, very silly! People that watch and vote for the show love SImon & Cheryl in most cases, stay on their side if you want votes to win!

You need to very smart to win it that's why I think Fleur or Ben will do it. Andrea is by far the best singer of the lot but I just don't think he'll win it, I think he'll get to the last weekend and come 3rd. I hope Stevie lasts a few weeks he's great to watch and a good laugh. First parody act I've actually enjoyed and not hated. Although I thought he was actually good last week :eek:

Hate being right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

When do the song choices usually get released?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Friday around 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I think Only The Young might do Let's Face The Music & Dance. It would be good for them,I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I wonder will we be seeing the same "Big Band" classics from previous years such as Reach by S Club 7 and She Bangs by Ricky Martin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

No sign of song list yet :( Maybe we aren't getting it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Monife wrote: »

Stereo Kicks have changed their song so that is probably behind the delay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Louis has decided to change Stereo Kicks' song within the last hour - this seems to be holding the song releases back.

http://www.itv.com/xfactor

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Hes really messing these boys around.1 day is not enough time to learn a new song.I would say they are for the highjump this week then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

God, feel bad for those boys. If it goes any way badly at all, that'll be them gone this weekend.
    It's gonna have to be something incredibly good to keep them in after this messing by Louis!

I have even more dislike for Stereo Kicks now as they are holding up the release of the song list!

Oh and it is not Louis changing the song, they said the original song wasn't working, they had a chat with Louis and decided to change the song.

I think the song change is designed to create sympathy for Stereo Kicks. Gives Simon and the other judges a chance to attack Louis for being a bad mentor. Makes it seem like Louis wants them gone, so fans will rally behind them.

Yeah, doesn't seem like it was Louis' decision at all. Sounds like they weren't happy with it after rehearsals and after talking to Louis about it, they went ahead and changed. If something goes wrong then it's their fault really.

Some of the song choices starting to filter through Twitter....

Ben Haenow - Cry Me a River

Only the Young - I Wanna Be Like You

Lauren - Strong hints that she'll be singing 'Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend'.

Andrea - Summertime

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Some of the song choices starting to filter through Twitter....

Ben Haenow - Cry Me a River

Only the Young - I Wanna Be Like You

Lauren - Strong hints that she'll be singing 'Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend'.

Ben's voice won't suit that song, he's not good enough.

I like the other two choices.

I really like all the song choices so far. They'll all sound brill with a proper big band live.

Kind of agree with you about Ben - he'll inevitably be compared to Michael Buble, when they're completely different artists. However, I love that at least they're sticking to the spirit of the theme (so far).

Edit: Full list now confirmed as -

Boys
    Andrea Faustini - Summertime (by Ella Fitzgerald)

Girls
    Lauren Platt - Smile (by Nat King Cole)

Groups
    Only The Young - I Wanna Be Like You (From The Jungle Book)

Stereo Kicks - to be confirmed...

Overs
    Ben Haenow - Cry Me A River (by Michael Buble)

Fleur East - Bang Bang (byJessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj)

Jay James - Empire State of Mind/New York New York medley (by Alicia Keys/Frank Sinatra)

Stevi Ritchie - Mambo Number 5/ She Bangs medley (by Lou Bega/Ricky Martin)

I take back what I said about the theme. Bang Bang from Fleur and that cheesy pop medley from Stevi?? Whaa?!

Agree with ibarelycare, don't think Ben will be able to pull that off. Andrea wo would have been better suited to that song.

I LOVE the Junglebook as do many others I'm sure, so think I'll have to change my prediction.

Fleur is cheating, she's done that song already and it's not big band!!

• Advertisement

Agree with ibarelycare, don't think Ben will be able to pull that off. Andrea wo would have been better suited to that song.

I LOVE the Junglebook as do many others I'm sure, so think I'll have to change my prediction.

Fleur is cheating, she's done that song already and it's not big band!!

I can't understand how Simon insists on these stupid themes week after week and then gives Fleur a song that's as far from the theme as possible. She'd have been just as well singing something by Slipknot. Same goes for his other act Stevi. Jay's first song is nothing to do with Big Band either.

I hope they're called out on those song choices this week - it's ridiculous.

Crazy. This week could've been so good & would really have sorted the men from the boys so to speak. This theme suggests class,power & sophistication. Instead we have Fleur gyrating her way through an r'n'b number she's done before & Stevi jumping around like an eejit to cheesy pop. I'm disgusted.

It's Simon who chooses & insists on these themes so why the hell not stick with them then?

I'm committed to see this series out but seriously don't think I will bother next year. We,the viewers, are being taken for mugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I dont know why its called a theme when all it is is just a suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Ridiculous choices as per.

Guaranteed Fleur will do a jazzy/big band version of Bang Bang which will be Simon's way of 'sticking to the theme'. I really don't know why they even bother with themes, most of the time they're just ignored.

The theme is suppose to be big band yes?

I say they purposely pick songs that don't conform to the themes so as to stir some interest amongst the fans. We want to know see how Fleur makes that song suit the theme while if she had a song that was within the confines of the theme we wouldn't be discussing her performance really.

Fleur said on Xtra Factor last week that she felt a bit uncomfortable just standing there & singing and wanted to get back to doing her r'n'b performances this week. At the time I thought "tough,coz it's Big Band Week next" but it seems as tho she's got her wish & the theme is being manipulated to suit her. She should have to stick to the rules of the theme along with everyone else. Cowell is really pushing his favourites,no matter what.

MelanieC wrote: »
    Fleur said on Xtra Factor last week that she felt a bit uncomfortable just standing there & singing and wanted to get back to doing her r'n'b performances this week. At the time I thought "tough,coz it's Big Band Week next" but it seems as tho she's got her wish & the theme is being manipulated to suit her. She should have to stick to the rules of the theme along with everyone else. Cowell is really pushing his favourites,no matter what.

Yes, she really doesn't seem to fare well outside her comfort zone. It's somewhat unfair most of the others have had to learn new songs to fit into the theme, yet Fleur just bottles it and recycles a recent R&B hit she sang at Boot Camp which has no connection to Big Band at all.

Complete cop out on Simon's part with most of his acts this week.

Be good if 3 of Simon's acts were in the bottom this weekend

• Advertisement

Completely agree. I think Only the Young have saved themselves with that song choice. Going to change I think.

Advertisement