Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arséhole drivers

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭roofer1988

Yeah, idiot. The purpose of L plates is to warn OTHER drivers that the person driving the car in question is new to driving and is inexperienced. If an experienced driver leaves L plates up and behaves like a normal experienced driver, other drivers associate L plated cars with any other car. (The exception being the odd idiot who sees an L plate and goes ballistic for no good reason). Then when they see a very new learner screw up they get angrier.

It's an L plate, it's to be displayed by LEARNER motorists. They can be taken down and put back up in under a minute. It's sheer laziness to leave them up.

Also, I sincerely do not accept that the average learner drives better than the average motorist. They don't. One of the key things the average learner lacks is experience in reading the road. They're also less mechanically familiar with driving, meaning that they just don't have all their concentration on their surroundings. I've seen a few incidents where I could see a situation developing way in advance but a learner carries on regardless and then has to take evasive action.

If the only people with L plates up were actually learners, people would be more inclined to see the L plate and expect the person to not read the road properly. As it stands, fully licensed drivers are portraying themselves to be learners and so true learner behaviour associated with L-plates is "diluted" on the roads.

Defo true, learner drivers only see a few feet in front of them where as an experienced driver can see well in advance.Its proven

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭tinz18

roofer1988 wrote: »
    Defo true, learner drivers only see a few feet in front of them where as an experienced driver can see well in advance.Its proven

IF they wear their glasses! Its scary the amount of people who refuse to get their eyes checked when they can barely see two meters in front of them and who have no issue hopping into a car without corrective lenses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

Packrat wrote: »
    To be fair that's just bullsh1t.

Are you trying to tell me that my 23 years of driving 30,000 to 70,000 miles a year ACCIDENT FREE are just lucky escapes. Fcuk off (with respect)

Agree 100% by his logic bad drivers are just unlucky, no... they're just bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

It would be great for all new drivers to have to do a days basic training on a motorcycle. Nothing makes you pay attention to what's going on around you as well as being put on a little 125cc bike with everyone seemingly out to kill you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

A dual carriageway can have any number of lanes, as can a motorway.

The 'dual' is because you have separate carriageways for each direction of travel - nothing to do with the number of lanes.

Motorways have numbered junctions..dual carriageways don't
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Steve F wrote: »
    Motorways have numbered junctions..dual carriageways don't
    :)

All motorways are dual carriage ways but all dual carriage ways need not be motorway. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I was driving out of my estate yesterday afternoon and a neighbour turned the corner wide, because he was texting, and almost went straight into me. Then looked at me when it wasmy fault when I honked at him. I hhate other drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

its always great when youre walking across a road or cycling on the road and a car that has no indicators on taking a turn when you assume they were staying straight, hence having no indicators on. how do some people even have a license?

Advertisement