Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wet 'n' Wild Sydney

Options
  • 29-09-2014 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Has anyone been to Wet 'n' Wild Sydney yet?

I'm planning on going during my 3week spell in October but I can't get over the price of a single ticket (circa 55e).

Does anyone have any discount websites or coupons? I was hoping to pay for my family (5 ppl) but not at that rate!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

skeg16 wrote: »
    Has anyone been to Wet 'n' Wild Sydney yet?

I'm planning on going during my 3week spell in October but I can't get over the price of a single ticket (circa 55e).

Does anyone have any discount websites or coupons? I was hoping to pay for my family (5 ppl) but not at that rate!

They currently have a buy 3 get 1 free offer but yea, it's that expensive and will be til after summer.

It only opened last year and demand is high so they don't need to discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

Batgurl wrote: »
    They currently have a buy 3 get 1 free offer but yea, it's that expensive and will be til after summer.

It only opened last year and demand is high so they don't need to discount.

I seen that alright, but those are season passes. I'm still googling...looking at the reviews people are slating it for the price plus lots of add-ons i.e. parking lockers etc. They definitely know how to make money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Jambaroo as an alternative? Tickets are almost half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I got gifted 2 gold bands from work, haven't been yet but planning on going in Oct/Nov.

I belive they run shuttle buses from Para, seven hills and Blacktown stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

mandrake04 wrote: »
    I got gifted 2 gold bands from work, haven't been yet but planning on going in Oct/Nov.

I belive they run shuttle buses from Para, seven hills and Blacktown stations.

Jammy git ;)

I think i'm going to bite the bullet and pay full whack plus the extra $50 for the fast passes (essential according to the reviews).

There are some good deals on myfun they mostly only include the wet n wild on the gold coast...you need to pay extra to get the sydney passes :(

• Advertisement

skeg16 wrote: »
    Jammy git ;)

I think i'm going to bite the bullet and pay full whack plus the extra $50 for the fast passes (essential according to the reviews).

There are some good deals on myfun they mostly only include the wet n wild on the gold coast...you need to pay extra to get the sydney passes :(

its a pity they don't open during the week during Oct/Nov/December as the queues wouldn't be as long, I tend to work a lot of weekends this time of year and would rather take a tue or wed off work and go then when there's no kids as I hear the queues are bit ridiculous on a Sat/Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I went a few months back on a weekday when it was overcast to try to beat the crowds. It can get cold if you are stuck waiting to Q up for a ride. Bring a thin wetsuit vest or short sleeve wetsuit you'd use in the summer if you don't want to get cold. plenty of people had them. I personally didn't think it was great value for money.

I've been to Jambaroo twice when it was more busy than Wet n Wild was and found I had a better time. It's a bit smaller, got some good rides, half the price and I just found it had a better atmosphere. It's not just off the motorway either, its in a nicer location.

I did see that www.manlywaterworks.com.au had a deal on group on for maybe $15? Looking at their site, I'm not sure how exciting it is. I can't see photos of any of the rides or slides really.

EDIT: I just google mapped it. It's pretty small out in Manly, almost out the back of someones house.

Went here yesterday (sat) with a few friends, it was heaving and luckily we booked a Cabana. Parking and geting into the place was a bit of a nightmare as I have now a 2 hr drive from the Central Coast and I arrived later than I wanted, luckily I know the area and I avoided the traffic and parked in a nearby business park and walked 10 minutes.

Had a good enough day but $80 adult and $60 child day pass would make a family day out poor value, season pass with multiple visits is where the value is.

Advertisement