Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gomorra the Series (Sky Atlantic)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Can anyone follow who is with whom exactly after 8 episodes?
    It looks like a 3 way rivalry now I think...

Gennaro and his Roman associates
    Pietro and his crew
    Ciro and the alliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭cozar

The alliance with ciro. Genarro - and his gang. Pietro trying to take over all. That's my take on it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Don P seems to have about three gang members and a couple of handguns. Who is even supplying him?

Do we know anyone in Genny's squad?

The alliance is the shakiest it's ever been, especially with Trak in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭gucci

Don P seems to have about three gang members and a couple of handguns. Who is even supplying him?

I agree, its strange how captivating I am finding this show considering how it seems to be down to the bare bones of actual key characters.

It says something about how good the writing is when someone like Prince
    can really only look to become a key element of the plot line / hierarchy only to be eliminated 1 or 2 episodes later
    b

I suppose all things considered, the show centres around the rise of L'immortale Ciro.

Two more great episodes this week. I thought it was a bit silly how
    Don P actually pulled the trigger on Prince, would he really risk going overground to take out such a lightweight? It did I suppose add to the great drama / twist of him having to decide if Gennys plans were aligned with his

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

He seems to be a nice level-headed young lad to me, I don't foresee him causing any problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

I'd love to be Don P just so I could get a good look at Patrizia's ass in those jeans as she crawls through his ridiculous secret tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Marinella is tasty out!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

Just watched 9 there,very clever to focus on minor fringe players only bringing two heavy hitters together for an impromptu parlay at the end.

I'll never look at a rampant rabbit the same way again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭RoryMac

So strange watching a show where I want all the main characters to be killed, none of them seem to have any redeeming qualities. Patrizia of course is exempt from the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

holy ****

• Advertisement

Great finale once again !

2 more seasons......i suppose it will be next year waiting now for spiral to come around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

I loved the series so much I looked at the movie version. Completely different! Coro was a middle aged balding low level paymaster in the estate who didn't impress anyone. The only higher up mafioso we saw was a raving nutcase scummer. Very like Love Hate actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

was that the end of season 2 last night !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

There is a 'h' at the end of Gomorrah for the purposes of the thread title.

Canadel wrote: »
    There is a 'h' at the end of Gomorrah for the purposes of the thread title.

Not in the original.

An enthralling second series but at the same time impossible to get invested in. Bang bang shouty shouty double triple quadruple cross and it's back to square one.

Everyone is scum. Everyone dies.* All is bleak. All is futile.

But so well done.

Except Badri' of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Not in the original.

An enthralling second series but at the same time impossible to get invested in. Bang bang shouty shouty double triple quadruple cross and it's back to square one.

Everyone is scum. Everyone dies.* All is bleak. All is futile.

But so well done.

Except Badri' of course.

Yeah the writing on the show is a bit of a mess with constant twists but the way it is put together with the music & camera work really builds the tension and sucks you in.

In terms of tension this week's 2 episodes were excellent, the scene with Ciro's daughter was hard to watch & built up well.

According to the sky planner that was the end of this season, I presume it's confirmed to come back next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

Execellent end to an amazing series, I'm sure they'll do a third,Don Pieto crossed a line and got his comeuppance Sure Ciro did as well but lady Imma was in charge and ruthless herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Season three has been confirmed.

Filming is due to start this Autumn and will be aired Spring 2017. This is all according to Salvatore Esposito's (Genny) Facebook and Instagram.

The scene with Ciro's daughter shocked me. It just highlights how deplorable these people can be.
    Happy to see the back of the Don, he creeped me out a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭gucci

Good ending to a great show. I did expect more of a climax or face/off with 2 or 3 episodes to go, but equally I think the ending was fitting all things considered.

The killing of
    Ciros daughter
    was probably enough to take the sting out of any speed the show had been getting up to then, and even before that Ciro had expressed his will for it all to be over.
    Quite fitting that Malamore was the one
    to kill Ciros daughter too
    , he was the original Ciro in a way, except he has always been loyal to Don Pietro and never overstepped his rank. It will be interesting to see where they bring his character from here, as a sudden change would be a bit far-fetched considering all he has seen and done.

There is that question in my mind:
    Was Don Pietro bringing Genny to Naples to handover to him (as he was being encouraged by Patriza) or to off him. I suspect it was to off him, and that’s obviously what Genny thought to, hence why he took the action he did.
    Not quite sure where the show will go from here, I look forward to watching a new series, but I suspect it may get a bit samey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Finished it at the weekend...missus was away so got stuck in. Wasn't as good as first series but would still rather watch it than anything else on TV.

I didn't like the direction Contes character went. He was immense in series 1. Just didn't sit right with me!

Ciro was also too laid back. He was much more aggressive in the first season.

Anyhow, i hope they make another because it has everything to be brilliant again. Ye capite!!!I think thats what they say:D

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭strawdog

Finally got to the Finale. I'd echo the above in saying it's not exactly groundbreaking in terms of character and plot, but it's just so well shot and scored with some brilliant acting. Just real lean filmmaking. I also like that it doesn't flinch from the brutality, it just tries to tell the stories without overly glorifying or demonising.

As to where it goes from here, I'm guessing they're going to go the Stringer Bell/Tony Soprano route with Genny where he has one foot in the official/family world and one foot in the filthy drugs underground. As for Ciro, after whats happened him, I see him being worse than Savastano now that he has nothing to live for. Dark horse could be Patrizia as she seems to have a head for it and feel she's gone down a path there's no going back from. Looking forward to the next season

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

There is an article on the show in today's Sunday Times' 'Culture' section in which they interview the actors who play Don Pietro, Genny and Ciro. Talks about filming on location in Naples, lots of the cast members are residents of the tower blocks. And it confirms that further series are planned -though after the carnage of the last series, they are clearly have to gonna build up a raft of new lead characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Just about to start watching this, trying to avoid spoilers :o Is the series a continuation of the 2008 movie, do I need to watch that first?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Just about to start watching this, trying to avoid spoilers :o Is the series a continuation of the 2008 movie, do I need to watch that first?

It's not a continuation of the movie. Both the film & the series were inspired by the non-fiction book 'Gomorrah' by journalist Roberto Saviano. They are two different versions of the same essential story/milieu -the TV series is glossier I'd say than the film (though no less violent). You certainly don't need to have seen the film before watching the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

Some of the plot twists are a bit silly but it is a very accurate portrayal of life in these areas. I live here and have worked and spent time in areas like Barra and Piscinola that feature heavily in the show. They're grim places. It's incredibly brave of the cast and crew to work in such areas though, making a show that criticises heavily the culture of the local crime families right in their front yard.

The show wouldn't have its air of authenticity if it chose to film elsewhere and for that alone I think it is a brave piece of television.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭amacca

population wrote: »
    Some of the plot twists are a bit silly but it is a very accurate portrayal of life in these areas. I live here and have worked and spent time in areas like Barra and Piscinola that feature heavily in the show. They're grim places. It's incredibly brave of the cast and crew to work in such areas though, making a show that criticises heavily the culture of the local crime families right in their front yard.

The show wouldn't have its air of authenticity if it chose to film elsewhere and for that alone I think it is a brave piece of television.

v.interesting, tks for info!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Watched it all over the weekend. Nothing groundbreaking but as others have said very well shot. It feels as real as the wire. Looking forward to season 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Anyone else looking forward to season 3 .I think it's November on sky.:D

• Advertisement

Anyone else looking forward to season 3 .I think it's November on sky.:D

I am now!

Advertisement