Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gomorra the Series (Sky Atlantic)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

finished it last night. wow...what do we do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Beezkneez!

unplayable wrote: »
    finished it last night. wow...what do we do now?

I know...just finished it too. Disgusted that I have to wait another year or something to watch season 4. I thought season 3 was epic, just as good as first two seasons. New characters like Enzo and the blue bloods really added to it. Patrizia was fab. Unbelievable show....not sure what to watch next now. Long live Gennaro!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Unbelievable show. A (relatively) hidden gem. The French show ‘Spiral’ is supposed to be a great show but I haven’t been able to find it online as yet. It has been on BBC4 I think but it’s a few series in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭billyhead

Its a brilliant series. Makes a mockery of the likes of love hate. Are the real Comorra as violent?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Beezkneez! wrote: »

I know...just finished it too...

Put the final sentence in your post in a spoiler tag. Ruined the last scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Loved season 1. Season 2 was very good. But dropped in quality compared to the first. However, season 3 was simply brilliant. Absolutely the episode about Ciro. One of the earlier ones.

Can't convince most of my mates about it due to it not being in English though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭johnire

It really is superb. The acting the storylines and the locations are just incredible. It’s just so believable that you keep having to remind yourself you’re watching a drama.
    Loved season 1. Season 2 was very good. But dropped in quality compared to the first. However, season 3 was simply brilliant. Absolutely the episode about Ciro. One of the earlier ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭SM01

I've just finished season 3. Somebody used the word epic - and it (the whole series) certainly is!

I'm traumatised now though. Roll on Season 4. Up there with the best TV I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I dunno, I loved a lot of the latest season, but I feel it's kinda run its course for me. Loved the new guys, but it became a tad predictable. It's still a fantastic production, with great actors and authentic grittyness, but I think I've enough of the double and triple crossing at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Easily in my top 5 TV shows of all time, someone asked is spiral good, yep,just finished season 6 of that..like law n order in France but more gritty.. love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

Really enjoyed it too. Best tv I have seen in a long time. Struggled getting English subs though at times for season 3. Roll on next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Defunkd

The amount of people that won't watch it because of subtitles is staggering. Is reading really so hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭billyhead

True about the subtitles. It isn't really off putting. Narcos is another great production that viewers may give a pass to due to the subtitle element. It makes the production much more authentic. I remember watching war films for example were the Germans or French etc were speaking English. It was just silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Just finished season 3, WOW, blown away by that ending

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I thought the first two seasons were as good as anything I've ever seen but I wasn't as pushed about the third season. There was something missing. The problem for me was that they killed off too many great characters too quickly. I know this is what gangsters do and I love the idea that no one is safe but the kill count in this show is incredible!
    I think Genny is the only one that's left from season 1
    which is a bit extreme even for a show like this.
    It won't be the same without Ciro. He was a brilliant character who you rooted for despite all the horrible things he did. But I think it was clear from early on in season 3 that he was on his way out. He had nothing left to live for. He knew what was going to happen once he walked onto that boat.

The hipster gang just didn't interest me that much. Enzo was alright but I didn't feel any connection with him like the way there was with Ciro and Genny. It got a bit tiresome watching all of his pals just charging around on their scooters shouting at everyone.

I'll be watching season 4, no question, but I don't think I'll be as excited about its return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The fella who wrote the book, Roberto Saviano, has a crappy enough but interesting short doc on netlfix about his existence since. He's basically living in police protection and hiding since!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I'd be the complete opposite I found season 3 to be much better than season 2.

I was also happy with how the season ended as it opens it up to more possibilities as the Ciro and Genny dynamic had really ran it's coarse and found Enzo to be a great character with plenty more to come from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

I see online that people are talking about
    Ciro
    surviving and coming back from the dead. I for one would not be happy about this.I know he was a great character but I think its best if he stays dead.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ciro
    surviving and coming back from the dead. I for one would not be happy about this.I know he was a great character but I think its best if he stays dead.
    I very much doubt that. It'd be an odd thing for a show that is so gritty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Ciro

It looks like he will be coming back to the series
    but it will be as a director :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

They are also going to make a prequel film about
    Ciro
    's life. I'm looking forward to it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Just finished all 3 seasons. This is up their with the Wire

wadacrack wrote: »
    Just finished all 3 seasons. This is up their with the Wire

If you liked it check out Suburra. Watch the movie first then the show. The movie is subbed but the show is dubbed to English.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

If you liked it check out Suburra. Watch the movie first then the show. The movie is subbed but the show is dubbed to English.
    You can watch it with the original voices too and subtitles so you don't have to grit your teeth watching mismatched lip synching and odd accents! Since you watched 'Gomorra' clearly subtitles don't bother you.

ixoy wrote: »
    You can watch it with the original voices too and subtitles so you don't have to grit your teeth watching mismatched lip synching and odd accents! Since you watched 'Gomorra' clearly subtitles don't bother you.

Yeah but it means I can't fidget with my phone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Series 4 to be released in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Just got Netflix and was wondering for those of you who mentioned Suburra, what should I watch first. Film or series?
    Don't want to ruin one or the other...Thanks

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Just got Netflix and was wondering for those of you who mentioned Suburra, what should I watch first. Film or series?

It doesn't matter, there are no spoilers. I watched the film first myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

It doesn't matter, there are no spoilers. I watched the film first myself

Good stuff..thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭cozar

Ken Tucky wrote: »

preferred the series, but as was said here there are no spoilers if you watch film first.

Advertisement