Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DFGT or G27 or alternative?

• 29-09-2014 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

Is there any alternative between the DFGT and the G27? I feel the DFGT is probably too little for what I want, but the G27 is a bit out of the price range.

I threw both of them into Flubit and they came back with delivered prices of £99.03 for the DFGT and £204.99 for the G27. Are there cheaper places to get these?

Thanks,

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The G27 is probably the best value for money even at €300. There are plenty of deals around, try amazon as well it's up there for £160. A similar set up in fanatec gear will set you back around €500. Then you're into the stuff that costs thousands.

ScumLord wrote: »
    The G27 is probably the best value for money even at €300. There are plenty of deals around, try amazon as well it's up there for £160. A similar set up in fanatec gear will set you back around €500. Then you're into the stuff that costs thousands.

Can't seem to find a new one on Amazon for less than £170. If I can't do that, I can't use Flubit, which usually works out cheaper. If only I could get the one from PCWorld UK and possibly sell on the free controller that comes with it! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The DFGT isnt a patch on G25 or G27.
    Fanatec do nice wheels but are also expensive.
    If you can go without paddles i have a G25 in great condition i am considering selling for the right price.
    I havent used it in 12 months or so,everything working perfectly apart from the paddles but the pedals,wheel and G shifter all perfect.
    I thought about selling 6 months or so ago and decided against it incase i got back into simracing but that hasnt happened.
    Its currently boxed up in my attic waiting on a good home :)

Dcully wrote: »
    The DFGT isnt a patch on G25 or G27.
    Fanatec do nice wheels but are also expensive.
    If you can go without paddles i have a G25 in great condition i am considering selling for the right price.
    I havent used it in 12 months or so,everything working perfectly apart from the paddles but the pedals,wheel and G shifter all perfect.
    I thought about selling 6 months or so ago and decided against it incase i got back into simracing but that hasnt happened.
    Its currently boxed up in my attic waiting on a good home :)

I play a lot of IndyCar and F1 games so I think I'll need them. I've a friend in the UK who has a G25 also that I could have for cheap enough, but I'd like to buy new if possible.

• Advertisement

Yeah formula racing would be a struggle unfortunately.
    If you can get a G27 at a good price its pretty much unbeatable in terms of price/quality,G25 is the same wheel just doesnt have the led lights but isnt being manufactured anymore.

gizabeer wrote: »

I can't been trying to order off that site for a while now and they won't deliver to Parcel Motel. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭Doge

The DFGT is pretty much half price on Amazon.fr at the moment.

Amazon FR Link
    Hot UK Deals Link

EUR 96.59 shipped to Ireland.

Very tempting at that price but I'm going to hold out for a G27 price drop with the G29 looming at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Doge wrote: »
    The DFGT is pretty much half price on Amazon.fr at the moment.

Amazon FR Link
    Hot UK Deals Link

EUR 96.59 shipped to Ireland.

Very tempting at that price but I'm going to hold out for a G27 price drop with the G29 looming at the moment.

Dont hold out for that. The G27 is superior to it so its not going to have any reason to drop in price. PC gamers would almost always choose a G27 over the new console based cheap versions, which dont have the H shifter as standard. G27 is about 175GBP on Amazon.

• Advertisement

Dont hold out for that. The G27 is superior to it so its not going to have any reason to drop in price. PC gamers would almost always choose a G27 over the new console based cheap versions, which dont have the H shifter as standard. G27 is about 175GBP on Amazon.

I won't be holding out indefinitely but I expect it to go down this month, if not on Amazon Prime day, it will be when the G29 is released.

Going to wait a month or 2 max!

There's something curious going on with the G27 and amazon .DE .FR and .IT at the moment.

http://www.curiua.com/dp/B00CJ5FP1I

The product has been suspended from sale from amazon direct due to customers saying that what they received "deviated from the description" apparently.

Not exactly sure whats going on, but hopefully it will be back for Prime day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

There's something curious going on with the G27 and amazon .DE .FR and .IT at the moment.

http://www.curiua.com/dp/B00CJ5FP1I

The product has been suspended from sale from amazon direct due to customers saying that what they received "deviated from the description" apparently.

Not exactly sure whats going on, but hopefully it will be back for Prime day.

Probably just came with a UK plug or something simple, cant see it being anything else.

Price drop day has arrived! :)

Just bagged the g27 for €202 delivered from amazon.es using the Prime free trial.

http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00CJ5FP1I?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Quite happy with that price.

Where are you seeing it for €202 delivered? Earlier I saw it at €189, but that was for second hand ones. I speak a bit of Spanish having lived in Tenerife for 4 years.

Where are you seeing it for €202 delivered? Earlier I saw it at €189, but that was for second hand ones. I speak a bit of Spanish having lived in Tenerife for 4 years.

This was a prime day special so it sold out at the special price within a few hours unfortunately.

Are you looking to buy one yourself?

This was a prime day special so it sold out at the special price within a few hours unfortunately.

Are you looking to buy one yourself?

Yeah I know it was a Prime day sale, Im a prime member myself, but that price of €189 for not for a brand new G27, it was for second hand ones, so if you never got it, you got lucky.

Yeah I know it was a Prime day sale, Im a prime member myself, but that price of €189 for not for a brand new G27, it was for second hand ones, so if you never got it, you got lucky.

I haven't received it yet but it was definitely for a new G27.

Take a look at the order details here:

TwTXulv.png

The page was translated automatically btw.

Oh yeah thats not what I saw at all. Did you get it then?

Oh yeah thats not what I saw at all. Did you get it then?

Nope not yet. Hopefully will have it by the weekend. :)

• Advertisement

So finally got the wheel today and i'm very impressed!

I was surprised to find there is absolutely zero dead zone in the steering, the encoder they use must be really good.

There is of course a fair amount of deadzone with the FFB but knew that beforehand.

Absolutely loving the feedback in Assetto Corsa, absolutely zero config is needed in game.

Dirt Rally however i'm finding a nightmare to get a feel for.

Not necessarily because of FFB but just because of the difficulty of the game itself.

I found it much easier with a 360 controller. This is going to take quite some time to master.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Not necessarily because of FFB but just because of the difficulty of the game itself.
    I haven't played in a while but I remember going down to a setting off 540 degree rotation helped a lot. Full 900 degrees was a bit lazy.

So finally got the wheel today and i'm very impressed!

I was surprised to find there is absolutely zero dead zone in the steering, the encoder they use must be really good.

There is of course a fair amount of deadzone with the FFB but knew that beforehand.

Absolutely loving the feedback in Assetto Corsa, absolutely zero config is needed in game.

I found it much easier with a 360 controller. This is going to take quite some time to master.

If you want the ultimate in force feedback try out stock car extreme.

As for dirt rally, like scumlord says try 540 degrees.
    Also there is a guide to setting up your wheel in the steam patch notes, i linked it somewhere within the dirt rally thread too.

Advertisement