Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One more thing to check on the bike

• 29-09-2014 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

Got a km away from the gaff yesterday before stopping to investigate some persistent squeaking from the region of the bottom bracket. Looked like my big chainring was a little wonky, and worse, the 34 was bent all over the place. Cause? 2 chainring bolts had gotten loose and fallen out, occasion unknown. End of ride, softpedal back. Two PowerGlide chainrings for the skip.

SRAM Rival 2011 compact road groupset, for those interested.

So, check those bolts once in a while...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I discovered one of mine was missing during a routine cleaning a few months back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

I have a spare rival crank if you want it. With chainrings. It's a gxp 175mm arms. It's from my old bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Ziboo

oflahero wrote: »
    Got a km away from the gaff yesterday before stopping to investigate some persistent squeaking from the region of the bottom bracket. Looked like my big chainring was a little wonky, and worse, the 34 was bent all over the place. Cause? 2 chainring bolts had gotten loose and fallen out, occasion unknown. End of ride, softpedal back. Two PowerGlide chainrings for the skip.

SRAM Rival 2011 compact road groupset, for those interested.

So, check those bolts once in a while...

Thanks for reminding me. I just checked at lunchtime and tightened a few loose bolts, Something was not quite right when changing up, it was clunky & I had not got round to checking, this may have been the/or part of the problem.

Advertisement