Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Wood being taken over by council?

Options
  • 29-09-2014 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Just speaking to a builder doing work in the wood. He is looking to dig up part of my hedge and install a fire hydrant post (two bed terr) said he was doing the work for council as they are taking over our part of the wood and they have to get some work up to date before hand.

Anyone know anything about this? First i have heard. Is it true or builder getting mixed up?
    Going to call the management company but was checking if this was well known news that i wasn't informed of.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Jimjay wrote: »
    Just speaking to a builder doing work in the wood. He is looking to dig up part of my hedge and install a fire hydrant post (two bed terr) said he was doing the work for council as they are taking over our part of the wood and they have to get some work up to date before hand.

Anyone know anything about this? First i have heard. Is it true or builder getting mixed up?
    Going to call the management company but was checking if this was well known news that i wasn't informed of.

Thanks

From what i understand all estates are taken over by the council once the builder has finished all his works, when they say taken over by the council this means the council is responsible for cutting the grass, maintenance of street lights, roads etc but thats it. The council does not "take over" the actual estate nor does this mean its a council estate it only relates to general maintenance.

Although there is a management company who do all this so not too sure what they would actually be doing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

cocker5 wrote: »
    From what i understand all estates are taken over by the council once the builder has finished all his works, when they say taken over by the council this means the council is responsible for cutting the grass, maintenance of street lights, roads etc but thats it. The council does not "take over" the actual estate nor does this mean its a council estate it only relates to general maintenance.

Although there is a management company who do all this so not too sure what they would actually be doing etc.

Thanks for your reply.
    I understand it would normally just mean maintenance and not that it will be a council estate as such.
    But if true what will that mean to ongoing management fees and the clamping that the management company introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Spoke to the management company.
    They said the developer is handing over to the management company and the council hold a bond that will only be returned once all original works are completed and the managemen company wont take responabilty unil the work is completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

cocker5 wrote: »

The council will NEVER take on the landscaping of any estate in Charlesland. We will still be responsible for that. Roads, footpaths and lighting would be the only thing taken over.

Advertisement