Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing PA speakers . HELP!!!!!!!!!

• 29-09-2014 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi , at the moment I play a one man show with using a Dynacord Powermate 1000 II and 2 SX 300s.

I have one vocal, an acoustic guitar and backing tracks.

I have the speakers for years now and I think its about time I have changed them.
    I am looking for some advice/opinions about what I should and shouldn't buy , as I am not sure about what I should go for.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Nothing wrong with the Powermate/SX300 combo, it's the de facto standard small gig rig and nothing comes close to it in the price range for quality, reliability and portability. It's like the SM58 of small PA.

If it's just an upgrade you want or if your speakers are on their last legs, you could upgrade to wooden cabinets which might sound nicer to your ear, but there'll be extra weight involved which will just make your life harder as a one man operation and for very little net gain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭keyboardcook

Wouldn't change that system. SX300 is a lovely warm speaker. Later models loose that warmth.

Perfect little rig.

Advertisement