Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why don't Eircom offer 12 month broadband contracts

Options
  • 29-09-2014 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭

I've just signed a 12 month lease in a new apartment. I don't know what the future holds. Maybe in 12 months if the rental market continues in the way it's going the landlord will raise the rent and I'll have to move out. Perhaps myself or my housemate may need to move out for some reason and I end up in another property sharing with someone who already has broadband installed. The point is that most renters are on 12 month contracts so 18 months are really inconvenient. I don't want to sign up to an 18 month contract and then potentially have to pay for 6 months at the end if I need to move.

Is there any way that I can forego all of the introductory 6 month offers and just pay the full rate for a 12 month period and then have the choice to renew or not at that point?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

They do offer 12 month contracts on NGB and legacy broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I've just signed a 12 month lease in a new apartment. I don't know what the future holds. Maybe in 12 months if the rental market continues in the way it's going the landlord will raise the rent and I'll have to move out. Perhaps myself or my housemate may need to move out for some reason and I end up in another property sharing with someone who already has broadband installed. The point is that most renters are on 12 month contracts so 18 months are really inconvenient. I don't want to sign up to an 18 month contract and then potentially have to pay for 6 months at the end if I need to move.

Is there any way that I can forego all of the introductory 6 month offers and just pay the full rate for a 12 month period and then have the choice to renew or not at that point?
    HI Brussels Sprout

I can confirm that only efibre has an 18 month contract. A 12 month contract applies to eircoms NGB and regular broadband ( legacy/non NGB) packages. An 18 month contract is a specific condition of efibre broadband and cannot be negotiated.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Ok, but when I try and sign up for the non e-Fibre broadband on the website it keeps redirecting me to the e-fibre page because I live in an e-fibre enabled area. it seems that the website doesn't allow you to choose the non e-fibre option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Ok, but when I try and sign up for the non e-Fibre broadband on the website it keeps redirecting me to the e-fibre page because I live in an e-fibre enabled area. it seems that the website doesn't allow you to choose the non e-fibre option
    Hi Brussels Sprout

You can order this by contacting sales on free phone 1800 503 303

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement