Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Maynooth area

Options
  • 29-09-2014 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Any idea when you will be upgrading my line to eFibre? Your area checked says we are in an eFibre area but the telephone number checker says not. Has been this way for at least 5 months. Pagestown area, believe our cabinet is north of Maynooth on the Moyglare Road. Currently getting a max of 2.6 Mbps but regularly less.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Declan1

0.5 this evening...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Declan1 wrote: »
    0.5 this evening...

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi [/font]Declan1

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Although efibre has launched in your general area not all areas/cabinets within Maynooth are efibre enabled. The availability of efibre is based on the rollout of fibre cabinets, unlike regular broadband where is available upon exchange upgrade[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]There is a message below the efibre coverage map stating :[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]"The map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied."[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] The efibre roll out team have advised me that works to enable more cabinets and efforts to bring efibre to as much areas within the Maynooth area will continue over in to the future however you are welcome to PM me your landline number or specific address and I see if I can offer you an indication of when to expect efibre.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

0.5 this evening...

Hi Declan1

Although efibre has launched in your general area not all areas/cabinets within Maynooth are efibre enabled. The availability of efibre is based on the rollout of fibre cabinets, unlike regular broadband where is available upon exchange upgrade

There is a message below the efibre coverage map stating :

"The map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied."

The efibre roll out team have advised me that works to enable more cabinets and efforts to bring efibre to as much areas within the Maynooth area will continue over in to the future however you are welcome to PM me your landline number or specific address and I see if I can offer you an indication of when to expect efibre.

Thanks

Al
    PM sent, thanks.

0.5 this evening...

Hi Declan1

Although efibre has launched in your general area not all areas/cabinets within Maynooth are efibre enabled. The availability of efibre is based on the rollout of fibre cabinets, unlike regular broadband where is available upon exchange upgrade

There is a message below the efibre coverage map stating :

"The map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied."

The efibre roll out team have advised me that works to enable more cabinets and efforts to bring efibre to as much areas within the Maynooth area will continue over in to the future however you are welcome to PM me your landline number or specific address and I see if I can offer you an indication of when to expect efibre.

Thanks

Al
    PM sent, thanks.
    Thanks for the PM Declan1

I have looked in to this in detail and I'm sorry to confirm that at this moment in time there is no indication of when efibre will be available to you or your specific area. Ultimately there are no plans for your specific area and until there are I will be unable to offer an indication of when to expect efibre.

I've discussed this with efibre operations who have informed me that the best advice they can offer is to check back with us in mid 2015 when new plans are released and hopefully we'll have better news for you.

Thanks
    Al

I have looked in to this in detail and I'm sorry to confirm that at this moment in time there is no indication of when efibre will be available to you or your specific area. Ultimately there are no plans for your specific area and until there are I will be unable to offer an indication of when to expect efibre.

I've discussed this with efibre operations who have informed me that the best advice they can offer is to check back with us in mid 2015 when new plans are released and hopefully we'll have better news for you.

Thanks
    Al

Alan,

That is really disappointing. I was led to believe that roll out was imminent. What we have at the moment is not what we are paying for and is a hinderance to what should be simple tasks. Is there anything that can be done to improve things? We're only 4 miles from the centre of a major town.

• Advertisement

Thanks
    Al

Alan,

That is really disappointing. I was led to believe that roll out was imminent. What we have at the moment is not what we are paying for and is a hinderance to what should be simple tasks. Is there anything that can be done to improve things? We're only 4 miles from the centre of a major town.
    Hi Declan1

I'm sorry I could not offer you better news on efibre. You are currently subscribed to up to 8MB speeds however due to your lines distance from the telephone exchange the max speed it can support is up to 3MB.

This is one of the main reasons why broadband is advertised, sold and provided on the specific condition of 'up to' the said speed. Unfortunately nothing can be done to improve your speeds until efibre becomes available although I do recommend connecting by Ethernet when using the service to avail of the maximum speeds available.

Al

Advertisement