Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Application for a student Credit card

Options
  • 29-09-2014 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

I applied for student credit card on Thursday 18th September. I got a phone call from a member of Bank of Ireland staff on Monday 22nd September to confirm that I requested a card. If I can remember correctly, the lady said she would send some kind of application form in the post and that I would need to send back a photocopy of my student ID card also. I haven't yet received any letter in the post from Bank of Ireland so I'm wondering if I'm supposed to send the photocopy first before I receive the application forms? If so where do I send the photocopy? 

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi bfa1509,

Welcome to Boards.ie and thanks for contacting us here. 

To confirm that an application form for your credit card was sent out to your address, please call our Credit Card team on 0818 200 343. Our colleagues will then be able to check this for you.  
    Also just to mention that you find apply online for a Student Credit Card here.

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Quick update for anyone interested. I called the number above on Monday 29th Sep and asked about the application. I was met with a dismissive "It'll be there this week" without any attempt to find out who I was. It is now Fri 3rd October and still no
    letter. I rang the number above again today, explained my issue and was put on hold for 6 minutes, which cost me 6 euro in phone credit. I was told they sent out the form on 22nd Sep so that I could send them proof that I am a student. I never received this. It is now over 2 weeks since I applied online for the credit card and I am down over 6 euro in phone credit.

Just shows how much respect Bank of Ireland have for students...

Can anyone recommend another bank? I was thinking of either AIB or Permanent TSB?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

If you call into a BOI branch , you can ring for free / maybe customer service would update you and give you form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi bfa1509,

We are sorry to hear you feel this way and would like to assure you we value all of our customers. We would be keen to have this looked into. If you would like to send us a pm with your full name, contact phone number and the branch your account is held with, we can request that a representative calls today. We don't require account details on the pm.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Hi bfa1509,

We are sorry to hear you feel this way and would like to assure you we value all of our customers. We would be keen to have this looked into. If you would like to send us a pm with your full name, contact phone number and the branch your account is held with, we can request that a representative calls today. We don't require account details on the pm.

Thanks
    Tara
    Tara,

You don't accept private messages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi bfa1509[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]To send us a PM please ensure to have signatures set to display in your control panel settings. Then you can click on the link displayed in my signature to send your PM.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hope to hear from you soon.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison [/font]

Advertisement