Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secured house 4 months ago, but no sign of a contract

Options
  • 29-09-2014 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all. I secured a house 4 months ago and still have yet to receive a contract or any paper work or information at that. My solicitor has no news. My auctioneer keeps telling me it will be next week, but next week has been coming since 4 months ago. I really want this house. Has anyone every come across this issue before? How long before I should give up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I was sale agreed on house for a year....the seller withdrew via a one line fax....read the negative equity thread here lots and lots of other people in similar positions.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057011064&page=26

Is there negative equity involved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Is there a liquidator/Receiver/Bank involved ? If so, expect to wait and wait etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lollynicman

Hi gmisk, I think so. It's in a housing estate - builder went bust. Half of the houses are occupied, half are vacant (and need to be finished). Some other builder then came along and purchased the rest of the unfinished houses (around 12) at an auction. So I guess there is negative equity involved. I'm really not sure and my solicitor has little information. But you say when negative equity is involved, it's a slow process?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lollynicman

Hi Woodville, I don't think any banks are involved, as the person who purchased the rest of the houses is an individual.

Advertisement