Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SLG 3000 and 60in1 board to lcd

• 29-09-2014 2:59pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, i know a couple of you have these, im thinking of picking one up.

Ive a cocktail table here that im trying to get going but cant get my hands on a arcade monitor at the minute and im getting impatient about finishing it!

Ive a 60 in 1 board in it that just has space invaders enabled and ive an lcd im going to put in it. im thinking of getting one of these for scanlines. are they any use?

Space invaders looks flat on the lcd so it would really annoy me, im thinking this will get it closer to looking like a arcade monitor.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I had that setup in a tabletop before and it looked decent enough.

Basically it went supergun > scaler > vga out to SLG3000 > VGA monitor.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

whats the "scaler" do?

Master of the Universe

It takes video from the supergun and converts it to VGA (for the SLG3000 and the monitor)

ok cool, so i probably dont need that for a 60in1 board as that has a builtin vga connection on it, so ill go 60in1>slg3000>lcd ?

Master of the Universe

Basically what I did was buy one of these with the 'jamma adapter'.

http://arcadeforge.net/Scaler-and-Strike-Devices/cga2vga-Scaler-PCB::13.html

The Jamma adapter pulls video from the board before it hits the supergun and sends it to the scaler.

The supergun then powers the board and routes the controls.

There's probably a more direct way of running the video in your jamma loom to an LCD, might have to do a bit of a hack job to get the SLG3000 in there though.

Edit - just noticed what you said about the VGA out on the 60 in 1 - sorted :D

Yep so just 60in1>slg3000>lcd

• Advertisement

Cool, sounds like my best option until i can find a arcade monitor ( and not blow it like the last one.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

would you not be better off with a VGA CRT than a LCD/SLG?
    I can get you one of them for nothing, I think theres a 19" could be 17" in an office I do work in thats going to end up in the bin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Cocktail table would take a regular 14" portable TV (decased) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I've used regular de-cased TVs 2 or 3 times in the past and they look arcade perfect.

Its a 13 inch that was in it originally. I actually have a 13" (maybe 14 not sure) arcade monitor in it i got off mitch. it was 130v, i bought a stepdown converter, hooked it up and it worked perfect.. for five minutes.. then smoke started coming out of one of the boards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

keithgeo wrote: »
    ...I actually have a 13" (maybe 14 not sure)... worked perfect.. for five minutes..

The obligatory:

ooh-matron.gif

:D

I've used regular de-cased TVs 2 or 3 times in the past and they look arcade perfect.

The hassle of getting the right size, trying to find one that auto switches on etc.. i tried when i built my first cab to use a tv but never got it working correctly.

Advertisement