Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 6+ opinions

• 29-09-2014 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

To the 6+ owners

Whats you're impression on it ?

Debating wether to get one

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Love it. The missus 6 arrived today. glad I got the 6+.

I had an S5 so the size wasn't daunting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Came from the G3 to the 6 plus and much prefer the 6 plus yes it's big but that's what I really like about it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

I bit the bullet and got one ;)

Black , 64gb

Getting use to the bigger keyboard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I bit the bullet and got one ;)

Black , 64gb

Getting use to the bigger keyboard

What network did you get it with?

guil wrote: »
    What network did you get it with?

Vodafone , spotify and skysports also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Lol didn't take long to change your mind for the second time.

guil wrote: »
    Lol didn't take long to change your mind for the second time.

True , got a pain in my ring waiting ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lm01

Very happy with mine. Few annoyances mostly due to apps not being optimised, and yesterday I got a pain in my wrist from the way I was holding it while I played a game for nearly an hour, but nothing unexpected.

My guess is the experience will get better as time goes on as more and more optimised apps trickle in. Coming from a 4S, I don't feel the size is too big but it does take a bit of getting used to. Haven't had much experience with the 6, but bearing that in mind I'd still recommend the Plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Are people that have had them a week or two finding the battery much improved?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lm01

I found the battery improved after two full drain/charge cycles but I can't speak for anyone else.

I'm nearly sure this is not just reduced usage after the exploration phase wears off, but it is hard to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Lovely, been playing with my 64gb Space Grey 6+ for about an hour.

I bought a OnePlus One to test the size and try out Android. Also had a Moto G for the laugh in between.

Gladly back to Apple and the iPhone, everything is at it should be, where it should be. The screen is unreal and it feels the right size for me. My wife got a gold iPhone 6 16gb and it's a perfect size for her.

Lovely, been playing with my 64gb Space Grey 6+ for about an hour.

I bought a OnePlus One to test the size and try out Android. Also had a Moto G for the laugh in between.

Gladly back to Apple and the iPhone, everything is at it should be, where it should be. The screen is unreal and it feels the right size for me. My wife got a gold iPhone 6 16gb and it's a perfect size for her.

I got the same one

I thought i'd hate a big screen , but it's excellent

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Do you carry it around in your pockets? I am v. Interested but it's even longer than the s5.

Do you carry it around in your pockets? I am v. Interested but it's even longer than the s5.

Yeah i do , i dont wear tight jeans etc , waiting on case to arrive so just have it in pocket with nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Lucas Castroman

Yeah i do , i dont wear tight jeans etc , waiting on case to arrive so just have it in pocket with nothing else

The 6+ will only fit comfortably in the pockets of a circus clown.

The 6+ will only fit comfortably in the pockets of a circus clown.

Who told you what i do ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

F34 wrote: »
    Came from the G3 to the 6 plus and much prefer the 6 plus yes it's big but that's what I really like about it :)

Seriously considering a G3 but haven't seen one in the flesh as nowhere in Dublin seems to stock them - might see one in Derry at the weekend. I know the screen is the big selling point but have read some negative stuff about brightness levels and oversharpening. I had a look at the 6+ in Vodafone a few days ago and was blown away by the screen. How does it compare to the G3?

digitaldr wrote: »
    Seriously considering a G3 but haven't seen one in the flesh as nowhere in Dublin seems to stock them - might see one in Derry at the weekend. I know the screen is the big selling point but have read some negative stuff about brightness levels and oversharpening. I had a look at the 6+ in Vodafone a few days ago and was blown away by the screen. How does it compare to the G3?

In all honesty I think the G3 has the better screen pictures and movies are very sharp on it and to be honest it still blows me away with how good it is.

For me the main reasons I went 6+ are that the apps work like sky go. The G3 also has a screen issue I need to get fixed and LG wanted nothing to do with it as I purchased the phone through a German website.

The 6+ to me is a much more polished phone and more fluid than the G3 despite my one being the 32gb version with 2gb of RAM.

At the end of the day I'm happier using the 6+ so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Thanks - very helpful reply. I was specifically interested in finding out about the G3's brightness levels. Sorry to here about your screen issue with the G3 - would the German company you purchased from not sort out the repair for you?

digitaldr wrote: »
    Thanks - very helpful reply. I was specifically interested in finding out about the G3's brightness levels. Sorry to here about your screen issue with the G3 - would the German company you purchased from not sort out the repair for you?

The only issue I've had with brightness levels is trying to use the phone in bright sunlight it can take a bit of time and different angles so you can see the screen.

They are in fairness it's just a pain having to send it back there rather than uk to get repaired and be without a phone. No such issues with Apple due to advance replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Got the 64GB Space Grey (stupid name) version on Vodafone. Love it, it's my first iPhone. The screen is ridiculously good, and battery life has been very good for me (went to bed last night with 48% battery, my old HTC One M7 would have needed a charge at that stage).

I will agree that some of the apps look fuzzy due to lack of optimisation, but other than that, it's great.

Advertisement