Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoke City vs Newcastle United - Britannia Stadium - 8PM - MNF

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I can't see how right now, but Stoke might regret not getting a 2nd through the many chances they have had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

We're still playing with one up top FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Absolute terrible match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

P45due looking close to tears.

All the talk about Armstrong and he's left kicking his heels.

Beggers belief.

Just over 10 mins. Please let this be the end of Pardew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Stoke by far the better team here. I cant believe the organisation and tactics or lack of I should say. There is no structure to our passing, nobody showing, we don't seem to know how to bring the ball forward. I have no idea what colbacks role is apart from take sh1te free kicks. Sissoko trying but he has nobody to play with either. Cabella simply another obertan in the making. Tiote going backwards literally...Has it really come to this. The man has to go, this is not a team anymore.

Amazingly the one creative player we have is on loan at Hull City. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The famous Ameobi heavy touch on show again there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Shocking miss.

Colback is the only one who cares. Pity he can't shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

:eek:

For god sake Colback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

England's Jack Colback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Colback is the only one who cares. Pity he can't shoot.
    I don't think effort is the problem. It's just none of them have a clue what they're doing.

• Advertisement

P45due looks completely broken on the sideline.

Excuse Bingo cards at the ready everyone!

Alan-Pardew-excuses.png

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Adieu pardew. Jesus but it's one ****e game.

This has been every bit as bad as Southampton.

Whoever gets this gig has one hell of a job on their hands. 4 years of bad coaching to undo.

Big Sam was sacked after an away game to Stoke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭Ardent

So much for that 8 yr contract

Pardew knows he's getting sacked.

This has been every bit as bad as Southampton.

I think its worse. Southampton were a much better team than Stoke were tonight. Stoke simply better organised and knew their jobs. The manner of this defeat is far worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So how long untill it is official that he is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

I lost 50£ on this game also. Fcuking hate watching Newcastle this last few years. PARDEW OUT

press conference tomorrow hopefully. Cant see anything happening tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

jesus, newcastle were bad. No chance he'd even get home tonight before getting sacked

Pretty sure Ashley mouthed "Yeah that's it, he's gone" or something to that extent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That_Guy wrote: »
    Pretty sure Ashley mouthed "Yeah that's it, he's gone" or something to that extent.

Crap. :(

I'd be worried that Ashley might get Moyes or Pulis in, but hopefully he'll go for someone like Alan Curbishley. :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    Crap. :(

I'd be worried that Ashley might get Moyes or Pulis in, but hopefully he'll go for someone like Alan Curbishley. :pac:

Steve McLaren would be my bet.

• Advertisement

https://vine.co/v/OZlDxq50mFE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Probably just asking if the Chinese has been ordered yet.

First headed goal for Peter Crouch since February and first goal for Peter Crouch against #NUFC for NINE YEARS. #PardewDoesItAgain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

And pardew survives! Can anyone actually believe this is happening. 16 points from a possible 85 since 1 jan

M5 wrote: »
    And pardew survives! Can anyone actually believe this is happening. 16 points from a possible 85 since 1 jan

The man is pure Teflon. Ashley lives in Bizarro World.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

As much as I dislike Pardew as a person I don't think he's the main problem! Newcastles "transfer policy" over the last few years has made his job nearly impossible!

I'm also not surprised he hasn't been sacked! Ashley has him as a fall guy at the moment and I can see this continue for a few weeks yet!

taidghbaby wrote: »
    As much as I dislike Pardew as a person I don't think he's the main problem! Newcastles "transfer policy" over the last few years has made his job nearly impossible!

I'm also not surprised he hasn't been sacked! Ashley has him as a fall guy at the moment and I can see this continue for a few weeks yet!

http://sackpardew.com/myths/his-best-players-are-sold-behind-his-back/

So Pardew as a vested interest in selling Newcastles best players and replacing them with cheaper alternatives?

The point is, he's been completely complicit in Ashley's policies and he's championed Ashley time and time again.

Defending Pardew or trying to argue his job is "impossible" is beyond absurd.

That's not even mentioning his failures on the coaching ground, the tactics board and his abhorrent behavior on the touchline.

You're right about him being the fall guy though. Ashley doesn't want to pay him off so he's trying to force Pardew to resign by putting him through the ringer mentally and emotionally.

• Advertisement

The point is, he's been completely complicit in Ashley's policies and he's championed Ashley time and time again.

Defending Pardew or trying to argue his job is "impossible" is beyond absurd.

That's not even mentioning his failures on the coaching ground, the tactics board and his abhorrent behavior on the touchline.

You're right about him being the fall guy though. Ashley doesn't want to pay him off so he's trying to force Pardew to resign by putting him through the ringer mentally and emotionally.

So Pardew is complicit in destroying his own managerial career?

If he's happy with the players they've brought in then he's a bigger a fool than I thought he was!

taidghbaby wrote: »
    So Pardew is complicit in destroying his own managerial career?

If he's happy with the players they've brought in then he's a bigger a fool than I thought he was!

He won't get a job in the football league and he knows it. He has an amazing number here and he'll do or say anything to stay in Ashley's good books.

His dignity went down the toilet the first transfer window he PROMISED Carroll wouldn't be sold...and then he was sold.

Advertisement