Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

IOS 8 - Weird Messaging problem

• 29-09-2014 3:28pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Weird issue with IOS 8 if anyone can shed some light on it.

If I got into a text message, hold the message and click more to select the message, the only option I have then is to "Delete All".

Even tho 1 message is selected it deleted all messages in the thread?

Anyone else getting that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭minion35

Have you recently upgraded too iOS 8.01? Problems have occurred with this update that effects messages, calls etc.
    http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-releases-ios-8-0-1-a-week-after-ios-8-launch/

What model I-Phone do you have and what iOS version is it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

minion35 wrote: »
    Have you recently upgraded too iOS 8.01? Problems have occurred with this update that effects messages, calls etc.
    http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-releases-ios-8-0-1-a-week-after-ios-8-launch/

What model I-Phone do you have and what iOS version is it?

its an iPhone 5 with IOS 8.0.2 installed on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

If you look to the left of each message bubble you should see a circle beside each one & if you tap it a tickmark appears (tap again to de-select). If you select 'Delete All' from the top of the screen it just deletes the bubbles that you have ticked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If you look to the left of each message bubble you should see a circle beside each one & if you tap it a tickmark appears (tap again to de-select). If you select 'Delete All' from the top of the screen it just deletes the bubbles that you have ticked.

No i had 1 of about 10 selected and it deleted the entire conversation on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Same here, only "Delete all" is available as option. 5s with 8.0.2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Did you tap delete all on the top left or the bin on the bottom? I have a 5s on 8.0.2 and I can delete single messages

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭beautyqueen

You need to tap the bin at the bottom to delete the selected message only. I figured this out last I was very confuddled for a while ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ah ok, bit confusing.

There is no bin on the bottom. Only options I have are delete all in the top left and cancel on the top right corner

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

jonny24ie wrote: »
    There is no bin on the bottom. Only options I have are delete all in the top left and cancel on the top right corner

I don't have this issue myself, but I've seen a few reports of it. It's a bug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Lockster

I've had this bug myself, but corrects itself if you close the message app (double press home and swipe message app up). Then re-open the message app and try again.

Lockster wrote: »
    I've had this bug myself, but corrects itself if you close the message app (double press home and swipe message app up). Then re-open the message app and try again.

Thanks a mill, just done that there and it worked. Had done it yesterday already but it only worked when I tried it again now :D

Advertisement