Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Middle-child of 3 gets 'Night Sweats'

Options
  • 29-09-2014 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

hope this is the right place for this! Myself and my partner have 3 kids, 12yo girl, and 2 boys (3 and 1). Seemingly, no matter what the weather and no matter what bedsheets he has the 3yo boy sweats like crazy in the bed most nights. The other 2 are fine, so we assume the room temperatures aren't too hot. I am prone to sweat a bit myself at night if I wear a heavy tshirt or whatever to bed but not most nights like him, so I'm not sure if it's a hereditary thing or anything like that. We don't want to put him to bed in a short sleeve shirt and shorts as he may get cold then, especially coming into the winter. Has anyone else had their kids experience night sweats? :o

Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

What PJs does he wear? I know you don't want him to get cold, but the obvious solution is to remove a layer or two ... We often put our 9 month old to bed wearing only a short sleeve vest with a 1 tog sleeping bag; he's naturally just a warm baby. You could always use a room thermometer for a few nights - chances are you'd be able to borrow one off a friend with a newborn rather than buying; we were surprised at how chilly the recommended room temperature of 16-20 degrees was when we started using this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Thanks for the reply! He wears a normal long sleeve pyjama top and bottoms to bed. We are able to keep an eye on the temp as it is as himself and the 1yo sharing a room and we still have a monitor with a built-in thermometer on in there and the temp is 21c every night. It's a strange one. I might do some more digging online while I wait until my OH brings him to the GP for his next check-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

So the room is warm at night. I'd put him to bed in just a vest and underwear and a blanket over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭ariana`

My 5yo son's room is 19-20deg and he wears a short sleeve pyjama top and underpants to bed. He stills feels toasty to touch even though the duvet is usually kicked off but i throw it back over him when i'm going to bed. I'll probably get him to wear pyjama bottoms when the room drops too 17-18deg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

He does kick off the blanket so I'm going to try him with a short sleeve top tonight and tomorrow night and see if there is a change, thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement