Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving un-wrapped chocolates at a trade show

Options
  • 29-09-2014 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am going to a B2B Trade Show in the UK. I was planning to have a plate of Artisian Chocolates from a local producer at my stand. Chocolate is nothing to do with my own business but just as a way of drawing people over and as a conversation piece.

Would there be a problem with the fact that the chocolates are uncovered ? Someone here in the office said today that is is now considered bad practice (or possibly even not allowed) to give out unwrapped or uncovered food ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Most supermarkets have food samples on display/offer. I do not touch them – doors, trolleys, meat counter, who knows where the greedy paws before you have been? Very unhygienic. Artisan or other, they will not be a ‘stand’ conversation piece as it is difficult to discuss anything with a person whose mouth is stuffed with chocolate! Leave them wrapped and they will be taken by the fistful.
    Better to have a competition for something and get people to enter by dropping a business card into a bowl – at least that way you can build up a book of leads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

It really depends who you want to eat them!! If they are existing customers, then a plate with a glass/plastic cover is fine. If it is walk by unknown punters, Pedroeibar is dead right. Unwrapped is intimate, otherwise gross!!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

wrap the chocolate with your business card. serves two jobs then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

wrap the chocolate with your business card. serves two jobs then

Ahh The old chocolate business card trick!!

Advertisement