Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who owns and writes for Waterford Whispers?

• 29-09-2014 4:27pm
    Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭

It's quite a funny satire site I think but none of the articles ever seem to be credited. Anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I must be the only person who doesn't find it funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

eddie hobbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

It's very good - more hits than misses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It used to be funny when it was local. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Its very good site.
    It also does a good job highlighting how brain dead some people are. Hilarious reading the comments from people thinking its real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I'm kinda over it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Don't even need Google OP, just read their "about us" page.

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/about/

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

You must be :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

It's funny enough but I'm sick of people sending me links to it. One lad I know is always sending me their articles and ****e from joe.ie or ladsbible. Bit sad tbh, come up with something to talk about, you loser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Mr Jinx wrote: »

Yay friend! Google friend!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

My horoscope reads.... "Smearing butter on your naked self will only keep them at bay for so long."

So you're telling me I've been doing this for weeks for nothing? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Their boards.ie one was very funny. Totally exaggerated mind you. (don't ban me......)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Rory28 wrote: »
    Their boards.ie one was very funny. Totally exaggerated mind you. (don't ban me......)

Oh linky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Yes, you're special.

Of course lots of people don't, you'll rarely find a style of comedy that is universally enjoyed.

I like it myself. Well, the headlines are nearly always gold, but sometimes the accompanying articles can lag behind a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I think it's actually got better in recent times. I think a lot of people that don't find nothing funny whatsoever about it might well be the kind of people that are featured in the stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Sometimes I skip straight down to the comments section to find people who don't understand what satire is, writing big paragraphs arguing about the article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

It's written by a team of people, no?

I love it, it's consistently brilliant. The Twitter account commentary on the ploughing championships was absolute gold!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It can be hit or miss, but that's to be expected considering it's just 2 lads doing 3 or 4 stories a day. Some of the stuff is gold, some goes beyond simple humour.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

When they wrote a story about Kanye west and his missus saying Ireland was a shithole, an American friend of mine shared the story on her FB page abusing them into the ground for not loving Ireland and all her friends joined in slating them as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

The comment section is the best part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I have yet to meet a person from waterford who can whisper. Bunch of loudmouths!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

The Daily Mash is a lot funnier. None of the WWN articles even raised a chuckle. I suspect it's because they're too close to the typical Independant article. Actually, at least I can get a laugh out of the Independent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

It's the Irish version of The Onion.

Keyboard-warrior heaven for idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

In light of the 100's of spiders found in Carlow recently,

"Deadly Carlow Family removed from Spider's home"

One gave me a right chuckle recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Some skanger described as a "stay-at-home-son", just cracked me up.

Advertisement