Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smashed Screen Repair, cheapest option?

Options
  • 29-09-2014 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

My girlfriend recently dropped her phone while cycling smashing the screen. it's a samsung galaxy mini, S3 or S4 not sure which one. She recently brought it to a "chink shop" (sorry for the racism i don't know what else to call it) and they quoted €90 Does anybody know of anywhere that will repair the screen for less money?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Hey guys,

My girlfriend recently dropped her phone while cycling smashing the screen. it's a samsung galaxy mini, S3 or S4 not sure which one. She recently brought it to a "chink shop" (sorry for the racism i don't know what else to call it) and they quoted €90 Does anybody know of anywhere that will repair the screen for less money?

Cheers.

Depends on whether it is just the glass front, or the whole LCD screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Depends on whether it is just the glass front, or the whole LCD screen.

Well what would a quote of €90 suggest it is? I have no idea about repair prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Well what would a quote of €90 suggest it is? I have no idea about repair prices.

It could be either. Could be a great quote for LCD or a slightly pricey quote for the glass screen. The screen alone is quite easy to replace, the LCD is a different story. If it's the LCD that's a ridiculous good price though, I'm paying 130 to get mine fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭jules86

I got my iPhone 4 screen repaired in click in athlone for €49 had got higher quotes before that, v happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

jules86 wrote: »
    I got my iPhone 4 screen repaired in click in athlone for €49 had got higher quotes before that, v happy with them.

That's pretty decent alright but I'm in Dublin and wouldn't be worth the travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭jules86

Think they have few shops around the place, can't post a link to there website but it's click .ie

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭TomoBhoy

I know someone who had replace her S4 screen she paid €180 to get it fixed, you could always try eBay for it they even supply the screw driver too

Advertisement