Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scrubs Million Dollar Question! Re Dr Cox & JD.

• 29-09-2014 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

Did Dr Cox ever NOT call J.D. by a girl's name?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

No cheating now by running off and watching the box sets entire series back to back! (Or 'Googling!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

I'm going to say there were some tines when he didn't call him a girls name, perhaps when Cox's brother in law died?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Yes probably

I believe he only did it once ever (I'll spill all soon!) but I would have to watch Brendan Fraser ones again but I don't think it was then (I stand to be corrected though)

M.A.S.H. is the clue

• Advertisement

When J.D. (in series one I think) was getting comfortable (and cocky) and trying to anticipate Dr Cox's next sentence Dr Cox called him 'Radar' from MASH , bit of a trick question cause it is a male 's nickname but I think that is the closest he got to NOT calling him (face to face) a girls name. Will check out Dr Cox brother in law episodes to see if we have a 'real' winner …

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

What about when JD's Dad dies? Coulda swore Cox called him his real name when they are reminiscing on the sofa with JD's brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

He called him John Dorian in the last episode of the proper series (shoo med school. Shoo) but only when he was taking about him to someone else (even though JD was listening). Trying to think of if he didnt to his face.

Klim wrote: »
    What about when JD's Dad dies? Coulda swore Cox called him his real name when they are reminiscing on the sofa with JD's brother.

Cool, two genuine potentials now thanks, I was always looking out for them (I know I little to do!) … cheers

He called him John Dorian in the last episode of the proper series (shoo med school. Shoo) but only when he was taking about him to someone else (even though JD was listening). Trying to think of if he didnt to his face.

Thanks , for that ….. also I remember he mentioned John Dorian to 'The board of Directors of the Hospital' of a young doctor 'who deserved special mention' … but that was not face to face

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

The episodes where Cox kills all three patients with the rabies infected organ transplants and goes into a depression. JD goes to talk to him, gets him out of the depression, they all go to the bar afterwards and Cox goes up to him and says thanks JD.

If I remember right..

The episodes where Cox kills all three patients with the rabies infected organ transplants and goes into a depression. JD goes to talk to him, gets him out of the depression, they all go to the bar afterwards and Cox goes up to him and says thanks JD.

If I remember right..

I don't think I saw that episode yikes! Cheers ...I have to get back to the box set ….

Not2Good wrote: »
    Cool, two genuine potentials now thanks, I was always looking out for them (I know I little to do!) … cheers

Seems I was wrong, had a look at the script for that episode and he doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I don't think I saw that episode yikes! Cheers ...I have to get back to the box set ….

Eh. Sorry for spoiling it then. Fantastic episode though, it's called "My Lunch" in season 5.

Eh. Sorry for spoiling it then. Fantastic episode though, it's called "My Lunch" in season 5.

Don't worry I forgot about it already! ( on antibiotics …..)

Seems I was wrong, had a look at the script for that episode and he doesn't.

Theres a script you can get?? …. I am so not as big a fan as I thought I was …….

Theres a script you can get?? …. I am so not as big a fan as I thought I was …….

I just googled the episode ('My Cake') script and it popped up first page. There appears to be a Scrubs Wiki of sorts too.

I just googled the episode ('My Cake') script and it popped up first page. There appears to be a Scrubs Wiki of sorts too.

Cool thanks, I'll check that out ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

He also got a gender neutral "Newbie" from time to time.

What is your favourite episode? Mine was. Elliot as the 'All American Girl one where she stops taking sh!t from people,with the over possessive CT scanner guy 'Its my machine!'...Who's machine?! MY Machine!!

Also the one with the janitor talking to himself 'Is there anyone up there?' and JD walks in unexpectedly....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

He actually called him JP in the first episode too. JD is getting the nurses to do his procedures and at the end of the episode when he is doing something for the first time he can says "JD you can do this"

ziedth wrote: »
    He actually called him JP in the first episode too. JD is getting the nurses to do his procedures and at the end of the episode when he is doing something for the first time he can says "JD you can do this"

I think we have a winner here! Thanks for that and that would be right at the start of my box set.... cant believe I forgot that...

Advertisement