Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaa gumshield for 7 year old

• 29-09-2014 7:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone can help with this one... are there any gumshields for children that do not require boiling water for moulding? My 7 year old son is very resistant to putting the hot gumshield in his mouth and biting down on it while hot. I've been looking online for even a bog standard generic one that might do us for the moment, but no luck.
    Any help greatly appreciated, we've been through a few already with a few meltdowns :-(
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

There are companies that can make ones from a mould in colors you want but the obvious draw back to these with a child is they probably won't last long and are a bit pricey for a short time. Think some dentists do them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

Try a search for TotalGard Sports Mouthguard. They make no boil mouthguards. I have absolutely no idea if they are any use, have never used them.

Have you tried using the gel ones without boiling them? Might be just as effective as a generic no boil one?

Advertisement