Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour Trespassing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Marcusm wrote: »
    That I would believe but i doubt matters of construction are regularly raised in the DC nor would I expect a decision about whether adjusting the angle on a non functioning piece of plastic to be easily determined should actual resources be brought to bear. If its function is to act as a deterrent, is such function disturbed if the angle is adjusted in such a manner as not to render it a non deterrent. Is function relevant in determining whether there is interference. I doubt any of these points could easily be looked up in a rule book. They might however stimulate eager legal minds.

Like that of a jaded District Judge with a headache and a huge list to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Like that of a jaded District Judge with a headache and a huge list to get through.

The eager legal minds would belong to thos students for whom I suggested this as a question topic; not a jaded judge sitting on a petty session. What need have they to interpret the law?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,365 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Marcusm wrote: »
    Hard to see that an isolated trespass by the neighbour on an occasion when the OP was not present could meet NF offences act harassment. The OP's installation of the camera might have raised ire but he was not repeatedly watching the neighbour.
    The dummy camera could be interpreted as antagonising and intimidating the neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Victor wrote: »
    The dummy camera could be interpreted as antagonising and intimidating the neighbour.

That would not seem to amount to section10 harassment.

Advertisement