Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for newbie to tone upper arms

Options
  • 29-09-2014 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if somebody can give me some advice on getting my arms in shape. I'm a woman in my late 20s. I am fairly fit, I do lots of walking, swimming, cycling and yoga. My body is in pretty good shape apart from my arms. The upper part could do with a lot of toning. Somebody suggested me to do weights but I have no idea where to start. I would like something I could do at home.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
    Thanks so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CWMeloncelli

Hi ruaille! I found this tips on the net and I hope it helps :)

This is entitled The (15 Minute) Bye-Bye Arm Jiggle Workout at womenshealthmag. It consists 7 moves and the steps to perform this moves. The moves are: Standing V-Raise, Shoulder Press, Rotating Triceps Kickback, Pike Walk Pushup Combo, Airplane Extension, Crescent Lunge and Row, T Pushup

Just read the full article at womenshealthmag.com/fitness/arm-fat

• Registered Users Posts: 41 GerSmith

Not to over-analyse the question but 'toning' (as is often used to describe a physical look) pertains to BF% AND muscle density/mass. So I would ask the question in a more specific way by asking you to define what you regard as 'toning'.

Do you want to build muscle in your biceps and triceps? i.e. increase the current size..
    Do you currently like the 'size' of your arm but would prefer that the muscle you have is more visible?
    Do you currently have a weight-training program in place that you are consistent with? (OK that was really hard not to ask 'do you lift?' LOL)

I would not disagree with the above workout as a recommendation, but it does require a bit more thought in terms of what you require as potentially the answer could be wider. I hope this helps.

Advertisement