Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

petrol stretching in sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Cakewheels

Can I have the PM as well please thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

The same place that was in court a few years ago for tampering with the seals on the tanks?.....also has the retired garda behind the counter for good measure.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Another place to watch is in one of the bigger towns in the county. Station has been done for it before and talk round here is they're at it again

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Could someone please forward me a PM please if they get the chance? Would really appreciate it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Memories

If somebody could also PM me the name of the place/places please. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Would appreciate a pm as well please

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

I know someone who has had to get a new engine fitted to their 131 Reg car costing €5000 after a tank of bad fuel. They would travel in the Mayo/Sligo area so I assume they got bad petrol along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

Ok pm me so please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Wouldn't mind a PM please n thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

I'm blessed. The garage reckons the engine management light went on after a missfire and there's no harm done.
    As regards the pms there's not a prayer I'm going to come straight out with it. Go and ask ANYBODY in the trade and you'll find out pretty quick. I've had 6 or 7 people, some mechanics some not that guessed correctly 1st time what place I was talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Anyone here about bad fuel in the Tubbercurry area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wowo

would love a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Can someone PM me too please.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

And me, too, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I only buy petrol from one place in Sligo, and from a well known chain, surely hope it not them, although could narrow down the suspected station to two or three.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 523 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Could I get a PM too please

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Aru

can anyone drop me a pm?
    had a run in with bad diesel in sligo lately. engine may be buggered now:( would really like to avoid a repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

Same here for the PM if anyone would be so good to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

pm notify, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

Would love a pm too please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

What a bunch of cloak and dagger nonsense. How is it that you can have a mega thread about where to eat food cos its nice there or the opposite even naming each venue in the town, but yet when it comes to fuel its all nudge nudge wink wink, the place that's beside the thing thats run by whats'hisname.

Its hardly libelous or slanderous to say that I was in this garage here, and I had a problem with my car. My industry qualified mechanic has suggested that it could be in relation to bad fuel, so just to let you know.

That would be a simple statement of fact, not a groundless accusations. Instead there's 5 pages on this thread of which the majority consists of
    Can I have a pm please?

If its in the public interest, it should be out there as such

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

What a bunch of cloak and dagger nonsense. How is it that you can have a mega thread about where to eat food cos its nice there or the opposite even naming each venue in the town, but yet when it comes to fuel its all nudge nudge wink wink, the place that's beside the thing thats run by whats'hisname.

Its hardly libelous or slanderous to say that I was in this garage here, and I had a problem with my car. My industry qualified mechanic has suggested that it could be in relation to bad fuel, so just to let you know.

That would be a simple statement of fact, not a groundless accusations. Instead there's 5 pages on this thread of which the majority consists of

Suppose with something like petrol stretching worse case sinario is a new engine/car, hence libelous unless its actually proved. I suppose anyone filling up regularly in Sligo could narrow it down, and if its cheap, it may be cheap for a reason.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Suppose with something like petrol stretching worse case sinario is a new engine/car, hence libelous unless its actually proved. I suppose anyone filling up regularly in Sligo could narrow it down, and if its cheap, it may be cheap for a reason.

Its only libelous if someone directly lays the blame at someones door, and defames them for it. Saying I got some stuff here and x happened after it isn't. Its a statement of fact and not an accusation that x did this to my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Is there any concrete evidence that the place being pm'd all over this forum is guilty of any wrongdoing?
    Or is it just suspicion because of a previous case for something else?

red sean wrote: »
    Is there any concrete evidence that the place being pm'd all over this forum is guilty of any wrongdoing?

I guess we'll never know, since we never talk about you know who.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

If this sort of thing is that widespread, then l suppose the only way to go is buy fuel from one filling station, keep the reciepts, and then try and sue them if your engine disintegrates.Does anyone know if there are people that check on fuel quality ? .My guess is that nobody is, and thats why people are getting away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I assume you've sent a PM to the Boards admins to let them know that you'd be willing to stump up the legal fees in the event of any court case a business might bring if they were named?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Can someone send me a PM please. Think I know but want to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

red sean wrote: »

Dodgy fuel can do serious damage to cars resulting in costly expenses most folk cannot afford and its wrong as it was not their fault to start with.

It is extremely difficult to prove possible sub standard fuel being sold as it would involve a long legal process and money to fight the case, again, that ordinary members of the public do not have.

I simply had an episode with my car and voiced my personal experience on this related thread. I was one of the lucky ones as no permanent damage was done to my car but some people were not so lucky. I am not rich or dumb enough to name the place I had trouble with outright but if other Boardsies want to know, I have privately shared my experience with them, thats all. I think the key is if you use the same regular fuel place and have never had trouble, then stick with what you know, its better for your car.

I resent your comment above and have no idea what you are insinuating Red Sean. I still shop at the place I had trouble with, just not for fuel. We are all free to voice and share our opinions and I can assure you I have no ulterior motives! Peace out.

• Advertisement

El Weirdo wrote: »
    I assume you've sent a PM to the Boards admins to let them know that you'd be willing to stump up the legal fees in the event of any court case a business might bring if they were named?

You fail to understand the distinction I'm making between slander and opinion.

Advertisement