Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Borax and laundry softener crystals

• 29-09-2014 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone ever bought Borax or laundry softener crystals in Wicklow/Dublin area. Borax substitute I can find online but not softener crystals. Just hoping someone might have seen them somewhere? Or have an online source? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭Iyaibeji

Borax can usually be got in a chemist and washing crystals (soda crystals) are often be found in the detergent aisle in supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭aev

Iyaibeji wrote: »
    Borax can usually be got in a chemist and washing crystals (soda crystals) are often be found in the detergent aisle in supermarkets.

Thanks lyaibeji,
    I'm going to check out chemists for borax tomorrow, thanks.
    The crystals I'm looking for are fabric softener but in crystal form and not liquid form like we are used to. I was hoping someone might have got them somewhere before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Is there not an ad on tv at the minute for Lenor Enhancer Unstoppables?? These, as far as I can make out, are crystals. Not sure if they're what your looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,876 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

aev wrote: »
    Hi,
    Has anyone ever bought Borax or laundry softener crystals in Wicklow/Dublin area. Borax substitute I can find online but not softener crystals. Just hoping someone might have seen them somewhere? Or have an online source? Thanks!

Bought it last week in the chemist. It's great for taking the smell from stinky trainers (NOT MINE!!).

et101 wrote: »
    Is there not an ad on tv at the minute for Lenor Enhancer Unstoppables?? These, as far as I can make out, are crystals. Not sure if they're what your looking for.

I'll check those out, thanks!

• Advertisement

mfceiling wrote: »
    Bought it last week in the chemist. It's great for taking the smell from stinky trainers (NOT MINE!!).

Haha! How much were they willing to sell you? Was it expensive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,876 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

aev wrote: »
    Haha! How much were they willing to sell you? Was it expensive?

Think it was 250g for €2

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

mfceiling wrote: »
    Think it was 250g for €2

Could you pm me chemist where you bought it cheers :D

Advertisement