Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fluorescent Tube Lighting

Options
  • 29-09-2014 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi all

I need a bit of help. I had a fluorescent tube T8 5ft light in my kitchen working up until earlier today. I need to get a new tube and while looking for a new one online, I can across T4's, T5's etc and wondering what is the difference between them? I can I buy a 5ft T4 and place it in the holder which previously held the T8?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Helpmefarm

Howlin wrote: »
    Hi all

I need a bit of help. I had a fluorescent tube T8 5ft light in my kitchen working up until earlier today. I need to get a new tube and while looking for a new one online, I can across T4's, T5's etc and wondering what is the difference between them? I can I buy a 5ft T4 and place it in the holder which previously held the T8?

No can do, different switch gear for t5 etc. You can get a retro fit LED tube however that is much more efficient but just not as bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

BTW if its just a standard fitting, you could go to a wholesaler (see the supplier sticky) and then buy a new T5 fititng and lamp, no starters etc much better more efficient starting etc

Advertisement