Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Look what i found in the attic

• 29-09-2014 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭

Moved house about 6 weeks ago, and i finally go to putting in the Stira and flooring the attic out and this was in a box. Is it worth anything? Still works, They don't make them like they used to

v033BKF.jpg
    p4oCm0P.jpg
    qZdn4dY.jpg
    kUGUZXx.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

No idea as to the price but what a lovely find. And no better stand for the monitor than the 360! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭smoking_kills

Andrew76 wrote: »
    No idea as to the price but what a lovely find. And no better stand for the monitor than the 360! :pac:

The difference in technology is mind boggling. The game took 10 mins to load..:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I'm sure at home at me mammys house I have a Sinclair spectrum , not as classy as your piece but I tell all my friends the reason I make a wicked cup of tea is the time I dedicate to making the perfect cup while my spectrum downloaded a game.

Mind you you could make the dinner as well sometimes !!!

I'm sure at home at me mammys house I have a Sinclair spectrum , not as classy as your piece but I tell all my friends the reason I make a wicked cup of tea is the time I dedicate to making the perfect cup while my spectrum downloaded a game.

Mind you you could make the dinner as well sometimes !!!

Never mind dinner, a 3 course meal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

The difference in technology is mind boggling. The game took 10 mins to load..:eek:

:pac:

Yep, back then we didn't know any better so were well used to it. Although games where you had to switch the tape over to the other side and continue loading were a pain. Also, some games were hit and miss as to whether they would actually finish loading successfully - it would get to the end of the load and then crash. Cue starting over again.

Or else you might have a game that struggled to begin loading - once the tape counter got to 10 or whatever and no sign of the flickering load screen - you may aswell stop, rewind and start again. Good times! :D

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    :pac:

Yep, back then we didn't know any better so were well used to it. Although games where you had to switch the tape over to the other side and continue loading were a pain. Also, some games were hit and miss as to whether they would actually finish loading successfully - it would get to the end of the load and then crash. Cue starting over again.

Or else you might have a game that struggled to begin loading - once the tape counter got to 10 or whatever and no sign of the flickering load screen - you may aswell stop, rewind and start again. Good times! :D

Never had one, but few lads in school i know had one. Thank god for Moores law. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That is one really lovely monitor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

That is a nice find......

Let us know if you are ever selling it, I would be interested in the Monitor>>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Its on Adverts.

Advertisement