Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper rated Tyres for DOE

Options
  • 29-09-2014 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I was looking at an advert on Done Deal and it was placed by a business selling Camper Van parts and advertising servicing etc so they're in the trade.
    They advertise Tyres and Rims and claim their tyres are all 'Camper rated' and then say the following "You need Camper rated for the DOE test".
    This is the first time I have come across this. Does anybody know if this is indeed the position.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Definitely not . Just proper load rating , same as all commercial vehicles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

pastense wrote: »
    I was looking at an advert on Done Deal and it was placed by a business selling Camper Van parts and advertising servicing etc so they're in the trade.
    They advertise Tyres and Rims and claim their tyres are all 'Camper rated' and then say the following "You need Camper rated for the DOE test".
    This is the first time I have come across this. Does anybody know if this is indeed the position.

Thats bull as is a lot of their other info and descriptions, there are already several posts warning off this guy. Campers are tested according to the LGV manual

Speaking of 'camper tyres' if you buy 'vanco camper' tyres in 215/75 16 size like many, many motorhomes have you'll find they have a normal commercial C marking instead of the CP marking because they are 10ply and the CP spec only covers 8 ply. So how exactly they could enforce a 'camper rating' I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭pastense

Ok, thanks for that.
    Just recently changed away from 'camper rated' to ordinary van tyres with the proper ratings etc.
    Have to say the driving experience is transformed.
    What was a harsh and noisy drive is now smooth and quiet.

As for the trader who makes that statement I'd question everything I read or hear from them from now on. Never did come across them before and will avoid them like plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Who were they?
    Or can you post link to advert??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

cheers

Advertisement