Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone to wait or not....

• 29-09-2014 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

So my question is should we buy the new iphone 6 /6+ straight away or hang on a few mths to see if are there are any glitches.my head say wait my heart say buy buy buy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lm01

Depends on what you'd do if there are any glitches. If there's something else you're seriously considering (Android or 5S or others) it makes sense to wait. If not, you might as well buy now.

I think if there were going to be huge problems we'd have heard about them already (like bendgate and the 8.0.1 thing) but you never know. So far nearly everyone I've talked to has been happy with their purchase, but if you do wait you'll find the experience better than everyone else is now since there will be more optimised apps available.

Your call but I can definitely say I am glad I picked up my 6+ last week. Hopefully I'll still be saying the same thing in three months time!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 WindowWaver

Have the m7 and do not see the point in getting the m8. Might get the iPhone but am on the fence....

• Registered Users Posts: 13 WindowWaver

Have the m7 and do not see the point in getting the m8. Might get the iPhone but am on the fence....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

Get the Samsung s5 at least it doesn't bend huehuehue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Any glitches are software which can be updated. Buy today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Wait or not. You'll have a phone either way. I've an iPhone myself. A 4s that I'm more than happy with. I'm appled out actually. iPod, iPad, iU2albumthatIhaven'tlistenedto, iThisthatandtheother. iJustdon'tgetthepanic.

I like iPhones. I'll get another iSomethingorother when my next upgrade comes in, if the price is right. A 5 or a 6? Maybe. I might just stick with what I have, because my alarm clock has the old style dock, and it's handy for charging up the phone at night without messing with cables.

I like iPhones. I don't knock them. I really don't get the hoo haw about the new one. It'll be 'the new one' until the next one comes out. Same as the last one was. Plus, it'll be cheaper in six months time.

Chill your beans.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Get the Samsung s5 at least it doesn't bend huehuehue

GPS mustn't be working on it, though, as you seem to be lost. Go here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1343

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

uisce33 wrote: »
    So my question is should we buy the new iphone 6 /6+ straight away or hang on a few mths to see if are there are any glitches.my head say wait my heart say buy buy buy
    If there's a problem with your actual handset (not of your own making) Apple will replace it. If it the problem is software related they will update it.

So go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

It won't drop in price until the 6S comes out, so you might as well get it as early as you can. Any manufacturing glitch would likely be replaced by Apple, and software glitch is just an update.

Advertisement