Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got their water charge pack in Dublin?

Options
  • 29-09-2014 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Just wondering we haven't and charges meant to come in on Wednesday?? We had the meter installed outside the house in June.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Arrived last week here (off Cork Street). Addressed to my late mother. I'm going to get wasted tomorrow and dream up some way of causing them a bureaucratic nightmare with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Arrived last week here (off Cork Street). Addressed to my late mother. I'm going to get wasted tomorrow and dream up some way of causing them a bureaucratic nightmare with that.

Exactly the same, came addressed to my late mother as well, where they are getting their database from god only knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Haven't got anything off them yet other than a information pamphlet during the summer. No sign of these packs they've been going on about though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Exactly the same, came addressed to my late mother as well, where they are getting their database from god only knows!

They sent one to my mums house in Kilmainham with my dads details on it. When she saw his details on it she happened to say 'so that's where they are getting the names from'. Must ask her what she meant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I got two! One addressed to me and another addressed to the previous owner (who sold the property to me over 10 years ago!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

None here in Clongriffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Got two in Finglas.

Both still being used as placemats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

I Just noticed this in a pile of post the other day. No way am I going near that. i live in rented accommodation and im not going to be here longer than another year. And our dodgy landlord never mentions anything about the water tax to us or to discuss.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Got mine in Finglas/Chatlestown. My parents got nothing in Finglas South.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I got nothing all month. Then I got a text from my landlady yesterday to say that she got the Irish Water package for the house that I am renting off her. She said that they get the names and addresses off the property tax register, so as the owner of the house, the paperwork went to her. She's putting it in the post to me today. Yay !

I'd say it will be a nightmare with rented accommodation. What happens if one set of tenants move out and leave an unpaid water bill behind them? Will the new tenants be stuck with that & if no one coughs up, will the water get turned off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

I read today that if you don't register, theyll treat it as a 2 adult person house, and you won't get your free allowance. So it'll be a yearly charge of 450. Works out better for us that way as 4 people renting in the house, and no one willing to give irish water their PPS number. We'll just get the bill sent to the 'occupier' and pay the bill that way . Not a hope in hell am I giving my PPS number to them while renting. Could end up on the hook for a huge bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

I'm only back after two wks away so I thought it would have come through post but didnt. I guess I should apply online I live with husband and mother I havent even checked the rates etc
    I think I was like a lot yesterday I put on two loads of washing, dishwasher and washed the dog before the rates came in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

miss choc wrote: »
    I'm only back after two wks away so I thought it would have come through post but didnt. I guess I should apply online I live with husband and mother I havent even checked the rates etc
    I think I was like a lot yesterday I put on two loads of washing, dishwasher and washed the dog before the rates came in :D

No need for that kind of panic -first nine months - your bill will be the same, whether you have five baths a day or put locks on the taps. If you happen to use less than the allowance you might be due a rebate. As the allowances go, the only people claiming rebates will be people who are out of their houses for significant periods of time - ie. airline staff, travelling salespeople, druglords, touring rock stars and of course scumbag politicians.
    They're still sending out the packs over the next few weeks according to the papers today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

We are a 3 adult house I look after elderly mother why werent all the packs sent out early Sept everyone getting confused :confused: they are saying that you have to apply before 31 Oct sure cant if havent a pack or is that just for the people who didnt get a meter installed maybe I didnt get a pack cos one was installed outside our house I dont know what the're playing out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I didnt get one but my next door neighbour did :confused:

Maybe its been done alphabetically

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

I didnt get one but my next door neighbour did :confused:

Maybe its been done alphabetically
    How if they don't know the name of the person living at the address or am i missing something ( if i am apologies )
    I got mine addressed to "The occupier"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

My other half got one sent to get parents address. Her parents didn't get one nor have we got one for our house. Where have they pulled their info from?

Advertisement