Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this available?

Options
  • 30-09-2014 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi all,

As part of the monthly accounting reports I prepare I need to compile a management summary which comprises over 20 excel tables. These tables are then "copied" to a Word Document which is very time consuming as I have to resize the excel tables each month. This involves dragging cells etc which is a headwrecker.

What I am wondering is this - is there a package available which would enable you to have a predefined areas on a Word Doc or similar doc for each table - you could then simply copy the tables into each area and it would resize them to fit? I would also need to be able to enter text in areas of the document - obviously outside the table areas.

This would be a huge time saver for my company.

All suggestions appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Wrong forum for this question I'd say.

Not sure where you should ask though.

Try the Biz/accounting forum maybe.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=872

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

A couple of quick suggestions:

- you could format the Excel sheets to look like documents (set cell fill colour = white)

- check out (google) linking Word tables to Excel

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 83,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

you can run scripts in environments like MATLAB that can read excel sheets and then either translate that to a new spreadsheet or output it as text, just for example.

Advertisement