Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish blind golf society

• 30-09-2014 9:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

My dad is competing in the Italian open this week. 3 Irish players are representing the Irish blind golf society in Milan.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Tell him we said best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Keep us posted on how he gets on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭cairny

Sounds like a brilliant thing. How does it work? I presume the caddy has a big role?

Is there a demand for volunteer caddies or do most players have their own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

I played with one of the participants in Royal Tara last week. Absolute gentleman and I had nothing but awe and admiration for the man and the golf he was capable of playing. Fantastic stuff. Best of luck to all involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

morrga wrote: »
    I played with one of the participants in Royal Tara last week. Absolute gentleman and I had nothing but awe and admiration for the man and the golf he was capable of playing. Fantastic stuff. Best of luck to all involved.

God that's the club my dad plays for, Royal Tara :)

• Advertisement

cairny wrote: »
    Sounds like a brilliant thing. How does it work? I presume the caddy has a big role?

Is there a demand for volunteer caddies or do most players have their own?

It's a bit mixed, some don't have their own caddies and some bring their own. Yeah the caddies have a big enough role in setting up shots etc, it all obviously depends on the degree of sight the players have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

lukesmom wrote: »
    God that's the club my dad plays for, Royal Tara :)

Ed I think? Is that your Dad's name? Writes books for school? Absolute gentleman. Wish him well in Italy for me.

morrga wrote: »
    Ed I think? Is that your Dad's name? Writes books for school? Absolute gentleman. Wish him well in Italy for me.

That's my dad yes I will wish him well for you, he said he played last week with some lovely people from Dublin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

So inspiring and great to see that golf can be enjoyed by everybody, no matter your circumstances. I remember being at Headfort a few years ago and seeing guys with one arm playing, think it was a national tournament of some kind, and boy, those guys were able to play! Was a humbling experience watching them

Dad won the overall gross in the Italian open and he is being short listed for the rest of the world team against America.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

lukesmom wrote: »
    Dad won the overall gross in the Italian open and he is being short listed for the rest of the world team against America.

What a Boss, that is outstanding :cool:

He must be buzzing.

What a Boss, that is outstanding :cool:

He must be buzzing.

He's over the moon

Since last year it has grown and grown. Team Ireland are playing in Austria, Tokyo, England, Spain and Italy over the next few months. They have also been nominated for the Irish Times best club award.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Good story this.
    Any links to their successes?
    Will they be in the Olympics?

Advertisement