Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Gates

• 30-09-2014 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi

I just got electric gates in yesterday. (Swing back ones)

All seems good except I notice that they keep going back until they rest against something. One slides into the grass but the other on hits against the wall so already there's paint cracking at this point.
    Rang the guy who installed them and he said this is what happens. I'd have to get something put into the grass to stop them hitting.

Ok an alternative is to hit the fob before it hits the wall but you won't be doing this all the time if you simply buzz someone in.

Anyone got thoughts? Thinking maybe put something in the ground at either side.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

I think you are being Had. I'm no expert on electric gates, but there should be adjustable limits which you can set which controls how far the Gates open.
    It shouldn't be a big job to adjust them.
    Maybe if you post the same question over on the Electrical Forum you might get a better answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭sgds

Have your gates been fitted with an overground or underground system. There should have been a physical stop fitted for the open position. What happens when the gate closes, is there a physical stop fitted in the ground that the gates close to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭mister gullible

There has to be a limiter or at lease a sensor and fixed posts to stop the gate. Sounds like someone is chancing their arm.

Advertisement