Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 14/15 Banter thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

a148pro wrote: »
    Sorry lads, can't talk, have to go skiing

Pics or it didn't happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Rew wrote: »
    Les Arcs in 10 days getting itchy snow feet now...

Same here, Les Arcs 1950, from next Saturday (17th) for a week.

Am rather excited. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

cormee wrote: »
    Same here, Les Arcs 1950, from next Saturday (17th) for a week.

Am rather excited. :D

Were staying down in Valandry near the lift to La Plagne.

Ill probably see you in the airport so!! We are on Aer Lingus at 06:50am... :eek:

Were staying down in Valandry near the lift to La Plagne.

Ill probably see you in the airport so!! We are on Aer Lingus at 06:50am... :eek:

Dear God, no. We're getting the 1pm flight to Lyon. Far more civilised, and avoiding Geneva Airport. So it's a win-win.

Dear God, no. We're getting the 1pm flight to Lyon. Far more civilised, and avoiding Geneva Airport. So it's a win-win.

Yeah we are going to Lyon as well, i plan on sleeping on the plane and on the transfer.

Have you looked at doing any of the other stuff there? (paragliding, bobsleigh, ice climbing etc) There is quite a bit on offer.

• Advertisement

Yeah we are going to Lyon as well, i plan on sleeping on the plane and on the transfer.

Have you looked at doing any of the other stuff there? (paragliding, bobsleigh, ice climbing etc) There is quite a bit on offer.

No, it will be just boarding - have to make the most of the time! The only thing I've scheduled in is that long black/red, the Aiguille Rouge.

No, it will be just boarding - have to make the most of the time! The only thing I've scheduled in is that long black/red, the Aiguille Rouge.

Yeah that looks like a great run. They do night time stuff in the rodeo park that looks like good craic and there are options for first tracks (up the lifts with the staff) and dinner at the top and board/ski down at night which also look worth checking out.

Thinking of giving the ice climbing a go:
    tour_glace_champagny_en_vanoise-monica_delmasso.jpg?PHPSESSID=72a7785427c450c523d3e00061dc1d89

Yeah that looks like a great run. They do night time stuff in the rodeo park that looks like good craic and there are options for first tracks (up the lifts with the staff) and dinner at the top and board/ski down at night which also look worth checking out.

Thinking of giving the ice climbing a go:

Looks like something out of War of the Worlds.

What's that about the dinner at the top then boarding down later, do you have a link with more information? That would definitely be of interest to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Fear of heights be damned. I so want to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

This January I'm ditching Europe for two weeks in Whistler with a few of the lads!

Hardest part? trying to decide which snowboards to bring.. Hopefully a decent bit of pow as going Catboarding is on the cards if the conditions are right

The 17th can't come soon enough

• Advertisement

granty1987 wrote: »
    This January I'm ditching Europe for two weeks in Whistler with a few of the lads!

Hardest part? trying to decide which snowboards to bring.. Hopefully a decent bit of pow as going Catboarding is on the cards if the conditions are right

The 17th can't come soon enough

Catboarding? Googled that and all I got was videos of cats in shelters. :confused:

OK, that looks mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭fmlarnapairce

I would never bungee but i'd consider that for some reason that I cannot explain

Catboarding? Googled that and all I got was videos of cats in shelters. :confused:

That's funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I did the bobsleigh. Do it in the evening and you don't miss any skiing. Its over pretty quickly, but I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

Its Catskiing but with a snowboard - the cheaper cousin of Heliskiing but using a pistegroomer/schoolbus (aka a Cat)

Basically a big old private mountain with heaps of snow and no chairlifts

http://powdermountaincatskiing.com/

I did the bobsleigh. Do it in the evening and you don't miss any skiing. Its over pretty quickly, but I enjoyed it.

Its only open in the evening, may not be able to anyway taxi back to Les Arcs is €80 I belive

Looks like something out of War of the Worlds.

What's that about the dinner at the top then boarding down later, do you have a link with more information? That would definitely be of interest to me.

Actually that dinner thing may only be La Plagne, there is some night skiing in Les Arcs

First tracks could be worth it:

http://www.paradiski.com/en/paradiski-experiences/first-tracks/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Can only get away for a few days this year so heading to the Brembo ski area in Italy at the end of March. A few days is better than nothing I suppose!

Booked my second trip today, Chamonix for a long weekend in early March. Yay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Dolomites in Feb, countdown on... Thinking of Sierra Nevada at Easter, end of march this year so not too late 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Dolomites in Feb, countdown on... Thinking of Sierra Nevada at Easter, end of march this year so not too late 😊

When is Easter, because from Mid March on Sierra Nevada closes a lot due to weather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Crystal forecasting 77cms of snow for Chamonix in the next 7 days

http://www.crystalski.ie/snow-reports/forecast-most-snow/

Snow-forecast 20cms

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Chamonix/6day/top

Do you trust the travel agent or the weather site?

Crystal forecasting 77cms of snow for Chamonix in the next 7 days

http://www.crystalski.ie/snow-reports/forecast-most-snow/

Snow-forecast 20cms

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Chamonix/6day/top

Do you trust the travel agent or the weather site?

Weather site!

Even then it might be less, all of that 20cm is above 1,700 meters! But better than nothing

Fine morning

Need this work week to be over... Tignes on Saturday!!!

Need this work week to be over... Tignes on Saturday!!!

I want to see video of you ski/snowboard bungee while there.

I want to see video of you ski/snowboard bungee while there.

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqCCE2ttKzY

Yup. That's the one.

• Advertisement

On it.. That looks class!!

Advertisement