Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 14/15 Banter thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

I saw that ramp in tignes a few weeks ago and the only thing that popped into my head was walking the plank... Its looks insane!

And another note, the lord have mercy on me but i just booked a week in chamonix flying out sat week... Mr aib is going to murder me if miss dr nic doesnt...

And still have san anton feb 28 to pay for... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭fmlarnapairce

Dr Nic wrote: »
    I saw that ramp in tignes a few weeks ago and the only thing that popped into my head was walking the plank... Its looks insane!

And another note, the lord have mercy on me but i just booked a week in chamonix flying out sat week... Mr aib is going to murder me if miss dr nic doesnt...

And still have san anton feb 28 to pay for... :-(

change :-( to :-)
    it'll be grand, these things sort themselves out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

change :-( to :-)
    it'll be grand, these things sort themselves out.

These things have to be done. Convinced herself that we'd all go skiing next year, don't know how we'll pay for it but it'll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭fmlarnapairce

These things have to be done. Convinced herself that we'd all go skiing next year, don't know how we'll pay for it but it'll be grand!

sure isn't the recession over and price of diesel low and house prices going up etc etc

sure isn't the recession over and price of diesel low and house prices going up etc etc

We're all going to heaven lads, wahey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

ah sure be grand , just handed over £1000 for the March trip.
    Still have February's to pay for , lotto done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

I think I own half of Aer Lingus. I am singlehandedly keeping that Munich route in business- I'm pretty sure it would've gone to once daily long ago if it wasn't for me ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭karl83

I'm defo gonna hit that bungee.. Flying out to Val on Sunday for two weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭a148pro

Cervinia today, some of the best views i've ever encountered outside of possibly that silent valley run in the dolomites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Haven't been on here in a while. Here's a couple of pics from a day at Lake Louise in late November. It was the Friday before the World Cup Downhill so it was pretty cool seeing the World Cup guys strutting around. Serious dumping of snow the night before and snowed pretty much all day - freezing though! Around about -20ish. And the back-side of the hill was closed (see pic!) which is where all the good pow can be found within a 10min hike...after a torturously steep drag-lift. Not a bad day to start the season.

Only got out once over Christmas to Sunshine Village and it was even colder at -25ish. Took the phone out to get pics and it died pretty much instantly. Lots of snow this week, so heading out on Saturday with the office passes for a free day. Hopefully it's a bit warmer. Revelstoke in February is looking good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

ONE MOAR SLEEPIES! Wooooo... am very excited! Hopefully the weather is ok in Saalbach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

Off to Kitzbuhel tomorrow. Can.Not.Wait.:D:D:D:D

And there's snow forecast for the weekend. Wahay!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

I'm packing for tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

sheesh wrote: »
    I'm packing for tomorrow!

I'm packing for February.

To be fair I'm always sort of packed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

I'm packing for February.

To be fair I'm always sort of packed.

ooooOOOOOOoohhhhh mister organised! :D

Ihad all the main stuff put together just putting it all into a big roller bag now.:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dzer2

dogsears wrote: »
    Off to Kitzbuhel tomorrow. Can.Not.Wait.:D:D:D:D

And there's snow forecast for the weekend. Wahay!!

Where you staying and who you going with

Heading ourselves tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

dzer2 wrote: »
    Where you staying and who you going with

Heading ourselves tomorrow

Going with a group of 9 or 10, most of whom I know plus a couple of extras that someone's bringing along. Everyone knows someone in the group, no-one knows everyone in the group!

But I have no idea where we're staying - one of the group is the organiser and he does everything every year except tell us minor details like where we're staying etc.

Sure I'll listen out for the accents in the bars - we're bound to meet up!

Going with a group of 9 or 10, most of whom I know plus a couple of extras that someone's bringing along. Everyone knows someone in the group, no-one knows everyone in the group!

But I have no idea where we're staying - one of the group is the organiser and he does everything every year except tell us minor details like where we're staying etc.

No bother weareflying at 9 to memmingen and driving from there ,

4 adults and 7 kids. Will be looking for partners Sunday as most will be doing lessons. Will be at the kindergarden Sunday from 9 til 10 and then on the slopes.
    Look for all the guys in aldi gear.

No bother weareflying at 9 to memmingen and driving from there ,

4 adults and 7 kids. Will be looking for partners Sunday as most will be doing lessons. Will be at the kindergarden Sunday from 9 til 10 and then on the slopes.
    Look for all the guys in aldi gear.

I just spent about two hours playing with street view on the slopes, keep me going until mid term 😞.

The waiting is a killer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭prunudo

For anybody heading to Austria today

Bought another jacket. I've a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

AlternatiID needs moar snows, less jacket.

z

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Yeah its sad ,
    just spent an hour there on the street view , planning drive and beer stops on the walk to the slopes.
    ive 38 days to wait lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

zagmund wrote: »
    AlternatiID needs moar snows, less jacket.

z

Plenty of snow it's just all above 1,800 meters we got another 15cm up top last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

I just bought boots. And I don't need boots. And and they probably won't even arrive by next Saturday. :(

They should be here by March though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

What jacket u get alternat? Got a new outdoors research gorstex myself!

Dr Nic wrote: »
    What jacket u get alternat? Got a new outdoors research gorstex myself!

Another Animal jacket. That's 3 now not counting other brands. It's a Animal sidewinder. Animal don't make them anymore unfortunately.

I've got an Animal rawlinson for sale if anyone wants one. Never used it, tags still on. A medium but tad too big for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Another Animal jacket. That's 3 now not counting other brands. It's a Animal sidewinder. Animal don't make them anymore unfortunately.

I've got an Animal rawlinson for sale if anyone wants one. Never used it, tags still on. A medium but tad too big for me.

Ooh, more detail please.

• Advertisement

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    Ooh, more detail please.

It's on adverts if you want to have a look.

http://www.adverts.ie/clothing/animal-rawlinson-red-ski-snowboard-jacket-medium/5074227

Shame it didn't fit. I do like it.

Advertisement